Most disappointing beers?

Crunchtime

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Ever have high hopes for a brew and it just falls flat? That just happened to me.

I bought a sixer of that new Guinness Black Lager tonight. I figured a Guinness brand should have a full bodied flavor. WRONG! No beer taste whatsoever. Should have saved some coin and bought seltzer water.
:mad:

The ones that cost moneys. I likes the pic of your wife on teh bed corner.

• Members

Anything under 5%abv.
:)

^^

These.

What is the point of drinking beer if its less than 5%? The popular American light beers are so weak on alcohol and taste so bad that I'd rather just not drink at all. I don't like having to drink 6 nasty ass beers to start catching a buzz. I picked up a 6 of sierra Nevada torpedo at the gas station the other night to drink while making/eating some pizza later and the redneck at the counter was like "dyamn that's sum expensive burr" "

"yeah but it tastes real good and has 7% alcohol :thu:"

her: "sheit if it ain't bud, it don't taste good to me"

Me: :o

• Members

Here's a beer that's not disappointing.

DSCN2182.JPG

My current favorite beer. Basically what Guiness is trying to be IMO. Thicker, creamier, more body and less bitter than Guiness.

That right thar is my #1

You have good taste my friend.

• Members

Here's a beer that's not disappointing.

DSCN2182.JPG

My current favorite beer. Basically what Guiness is trying to be IMO. Thicker, creamier, more body and less bitter than Guiness.

Here's a guy with taste.

I've no idea how Guiness got so popular, this stuff is far superior in ever way.

It's almost like we ship the {censored} to the Muricans and around the world and keep the good stuff to ourselves.

How are you guys getting it, is it stocked over there now?

You can't get Murphy's on draught outside of the Cork area in Ireland.

When you have it on draught then you'll know heaven and realise that God does in fact exist, but it does can very well too.

:thu:

• Members

While I've had a lot of {censored} beers in my day I can say there are very few that SHOULD have been good but let me down...here is my short list.

Ayinger Celebrator...SERIOUSLY? WTF! I LOOOOVE Ayinger brews and they are by far my favorite German beer but I just can't stomach Celebrator. It tastes like that flowery nasal spray. The first time I tried it I thought it was skunky so I tried it again...and once more just for {censored}s and giggles...same taste every time. YUCK!

Boulevard beers...all of them. I bought a 6er of bully porter once just to try it and it had this coppery overtone that tasted like a mouth full of pennies. I then bought a sample pack with 6 of their beer flavors in them...they all had that coppery taste to them...not for me. The Unfiltered Wheat would have been great if not for the copper taste.

• Members

The vast majority of rogue breweries. I like the shakespeare stout, moms hefe, the double series and anything xs. Just about everything else is pretty bland and doesn't have the bold blooming flavor of the rest.

I had a really weak wee angry scotch ale the other day that was disappointing.

I have high standards for beer and try new things all the time. sometimes it's rewarding, other times disappoint. I have a lot if favorites as a result though.

Archived