Most disappointing beers?

Crunchtime

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Octoberfest is my favorite sam adams, not my favorite octoberfest, or autumnal beer, but I do enjoy it

Not a fan, but mostly because I really just don't like most seasonal beers. I don't like spices added or too much lemon in Summer Ales.

I have also shunned any smoked beers. My band is sponsored by Victory Brewing Co and I had to spit out a couple of their smoked beers.

mmmm. Hop Devil

• Members

We always thought Budweiser was {censored} in the UK

yeah, I mean Bud is definitely on the low end of beer here. Give me Labatt, Busch and even Genny over Bud any day. That said, if it's all that's available, I have no issue drinking it. It's not THAT bad. It's a step above Natty Ice :lol:

• Members

I'm personally tired of people of my generation being such {censored}ing beer snobs. I drink Budweiser and other lagers and like them just fine. I feel there are so many pussies with beer. People {censored}ing put fruit in their beer these days. What are you a fruit cake? The other one that gets me is the cheap skates that drink PBR because they think it's cool but they're turn their nose up to Budweiser or something the same nature. Go drink your ales or whatever and pat each other on the butt if that's what you like.

Some people like to drink real beer, actually they have for centuries and centuries. You could just continue to drink your relatively new horsepiss style beer and not worry about what other people in your generation are drinking. Btw, sorry about your {censored}ty taste

• Members

I won't knock some of the beers comming out of the states now, you guys are really producing some good even great beers. But stuff like bud or miller just tastes bad and makes me feel bad.

Big Craft Beer revolution the past few years. There really is no reason to drink the Buds and Millers anymore, except for money reasons. And again, some of those cheaper beers taste great on a hot summer day in a frosty mug.

• Members
+1. Rolling Rock or beers similar are the best on a hot summer day. After a day of work outside in the summer nothing tastes better than a Rolling Rock or something similar.

Translation... If you are dying of thirst in the desert, it's good.

• Members

No problem. I don't worry about drinking Lagers. Sorry about your Vag though
:cop:

The only person with a vag in this thread is you...for a LONG time in the US we had {censored} choices for beer and just accepted that as what beer should taste like. Now we have some really good beer and can now enjoy what the rest of the world was drinking all along...German beer has been held to a purity law since 1516...that means not only were they making beer in 1516 but they had been making it so long they had to put in laws on the way it was made! German and Belgium beer is the best beer in the world along with Czech beer and English stouts...

Weihenstephan

• Members

anyone try bud platnum yet?

i have a feeling the fail will be strong in that one...

I tried one last weekend. My drummer had some. Fail would be an accurate way to describe it. I mean, I'll drink it if that's all that's available, but it had this weird taste. Someone said it tasted like Zima and budlight mixed. It's difficult to remember what Zima tasted like, but IIRC, that's not too far off the mark.

• Members

Ever have high hopes for a brew and it just falls flat? That just happened to me.

I bought a sixer of that new Guinness Black Lager tonight. I figured a Guinness brand should have a full bodied flavor. WRONG! No beer taste whatsoever. Should have saved some coin and bought seltzer water.
:mad:

Could've warned you on that one. That stuff is just terrible. So, I'd say that's my #1.

After that, Leinekugel's stuff as its all too sweet/fruit tinged for me. (That is more it isn't a taste I like, not that the beer is bad though. Guinness Black Lager is just straight up terrible.)

I also had some small brewery lager once, "Something" Dog (no, not flying dog) and it...god, it was terrible. I didn't know what to expect, but it was worse than your average Miller or Coors. Just straight up horrible beer. I drank 1/2 of 1 bottle of the six pack.

• Members

Here's a beer that's not disappointing.

DSCN2182.JPG

My current favorite beer. Basically what Guiness is trying to be IMO. Thicker, creamier, more body and less bitter than Guiness.

Try a Great Divide Yeti or an Oskar Blues Ten Fidy next to that and you won't be drinking that anymore.

Even better...try to get ahold of one of these....Terrapin Wake n Bake

d1586976.jpg

• Members

It is easier to find here in the States than in Ireland. I can think of a handful of grocery stores and beverage stores that stock Murphy's in my immediate 10-mile vicinity, although i've never seen it on tap. I do like it far more than Guinness - you can actually taste the roasted malt in Murphy's. It is still pretty light so it's good for drinking in quantity and during warmer months when you want that flavor but a heavier stout would be too much.

You can find Murphy's in the beer section at Kroger here in Nashville, and have been for some time. The only place in town I've ever seen it on tap was the long-gone Sherlock Holmes pub on Elliston Place. I was in there one evening enjoying a few pints of Guinness and Murphy's(both brands were having promotions that day, so I went home with 5 or 6 pint glasses from both breweries) while the distributor reps were in there. I thought they were going to start throwing things at each other, as it seemed very apparent that they did NOT like being there at the same time...

• Members

I'm personally tired of people of my generation being such {censored}ing beer snobs. I drink Budweiser and other lagers and like them just fine. I feel there are so many pussies with beer. People {censored}ing put fruit in their beer these days. What are you a fruit cake? The other one that gets me is the cheap skates that drink PBR because they think it's cool but they're turn their nose up to Budweiser or something the same nature. Go drink your ales or whatever and pat each other on the butt if that's what you like.

There are some people who don't like any variety of lager at all because ale, and particularly belgian style ales are fashionable, so to show their superior taste they eschew anything bottom fermented. I think that is pretty damn ridiculous. It is equally ridiculous to eschew the whole wide world of excellent ales (and actually good lagers that don't reek like a skunk's ass) because you think they are fancy and gay. Drinking a quality beer will not make you poke another dude, unless maybe it is really strong stuff and you have some seriously repressed feelings.

• Members

There are some people who don't like any variety of lager at all because ale, and particularly belgian style ales are fashionable, so to show their superior taste they eschew anything bottom fermented. I think that is pretty damn ridiculous. It is equally ridiculous to eschew the whole wide world of excellent ales (and actually good lagers that don't reek like a skunk's ass) because you think they are fancy and gay. Drinking a quality beer will not make you poke another dude, unless maybe it is really strong stuff and you have some seriously repressed feelings.

He's talking about PBR drinking hipsters. They drink one of the worst beers of all time because its 'fashionable' and scoff at the guy drinking a Bud heavy or Miller Lite. Beer's beer. Coor's Light exists for a reason. So I can drink 10+ in an hour.

Archived