How much Apple stuff do you guys own?

Tommy Horrible

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I have been with Apple since 1985 and have never really owned anything different. Though I have extensive Windows experience though various jobs. I'm just comfortable with my Apple stuff I guess. I make no apologies. They work better for my profession anyway.

Museum pieces

1985 Mac (original) - Works fine, but am missing mouse and keyboard after they got lost in a move. My Dad bought this the year they came out.

1994 Performa 6115 - First Gen PowerMac (601 chip) - Works fine with OS8, but it's pretty freaking slow.

Original 5 Gb iPod - Again, works fine, but is clunky and huge.

Things I use daily

27" iMac i7 - For freelance stuff and general home computing. Only has 8Gb RAM right now though. Gotta double that some day at least.

2000 Dual400 PowerMac G4 - I use this in my shop daily for looking up serials and wiring diagrams or whatever.

2005 PowerMac G5 - Wife's computer. Gets used mostly for simple PhotoShop stuff (wife does photography and prepress) and internet.

iPhone 4 - Mine

iPhone 4s - Wifes

iPhone 3G - My car iPod

iPad 1 - for those lazy times and occasional recording.

Work

MacPro 2 x 2.4 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon (8 core, 17Gb RAM) - AfterEffects, Cinema4D, PhotoShop, etc.

• Members

I made this point on my facebook wall one time. Totally stereotyping but it seems you have all these environmental people but they all have an iPhone, iPad, iPod and a Mac computer. The silicon used in Apple computers it really hazardous to the environment but no one looks at that. As long as they have all their Apple products.

• Members

It started years ago with an Apple Cube that unfortunately I had to sell...cool machine/piece of art, right now:

MacPro
iMac 20"
iMac 27"
Apple TV
Apple TV 2
iPhone 3G
iPhone 3Gs
iPhone 4
iPhone 4s
iPad 2
Time Capsule x 3
AirPort Extreme