Marshall JCM 900 mk iii 2500

MichaelYoung

• Members

How does it compare to an 800

Voiced very differently than an 800. I owned one at the same time I owned a 2203 and a 2210. It required more tweaking then either of the 800s, but after I got it dialed in, I liked this amp. Seems esp. sensitive to what kind of speakers you use with it.

• Members

Voiced very differently than an 800. I owned one at the same time I owned a 2203 and a 2210. It required more tweaking then either of the 800s, but after I got it dialed in, I liked this amp. Seems esp. sensitive to what kind of speakers you use with it.

I think the 2500 is pretty dang close to a wound up 800, but your ears are probably more dialed in than mine. I'm mainly a Fender guy :)

• Members

I am pretty fond of this YouTube clip...

[video=youtube;s9kyZIlH90g]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s9kyZIlH90g '

There are some other good clips out there. Posts on the Marshall amp forum show that the MkIII is not far off from the 800 vibe. Actually from what I have read it is more of the hot rodded Marshall 800 than the later SL-X version. I am still waiting for my cab to be built and shipped to me so that I can test my 2500 out.

Cole

• Members

I've got a SLX and a DR and I love them both, for different reasons. I really need to try out a Mk III.

The thing with my 900s that I love, is the way they slice through the mix. I will concede that the sound I like might be a bit "ear-fatiguing" to others, though.

• Members

I seen one of these and am entertaining the idea of trading a mesa studio preamp and marshall 9005 power amp for it even..... Any opinions on the jcm 900s. I know they are not the sought ofter 800s but I've read reviews where the 900 mkii 2500 is as good. What's your opinons?

I didn't like the dual master volume 900 i had. At all.

Certainly didn't have "that classic marshall roar" i expected. They do get loud though.

If you play metal rythm guitar it may be for you, otherwise i would stay clear.

Archived