What Is the Most Aggressive and Raw Voiced Amp Out on the Market?

Rockett

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

1987 or 1959 on ten.

It's doesn't get any rawer or more aggressive than that. It's an in the room sound that just makes a mockery of your face. So much brutal volume and raw savagery there. I haven't played an amp that has sounded as uncaged as a 1987 at full chat.

Keep your 5150zzzzzz

• Members

The 6505 plus is a decent amp that's for sure, plus it is a damn steal compared to other high gainers. However, the 5150 is a bit more "raw" sounding IMO and I would probably recommend grabbing one of those used if possible, but either would work. On a side note, the 6505 is insanely loud, like it goes from 0-1,000 with the slightest turn of the volume knob. I sold mine because it was just too much, but I wasn't in a band.

• Members

1987 or 1959 on ten.

It's doesn't get any rawer or more aggressive than that. It's an in the room sound that just makes a mockery of your face. So much brutal volume and raw savagery there. I haven't played an amp that has sounded as uncaged as a 1987 at full chat.

Keep your 5150zzzzzz

came here to post this...JCM 800, LOUD.

• Members

VHTs are pretty aggressive and raw.

I had a D120 and that was indeed aggressive and badass :thu: What's the difference between that and the UL you have?

Also, what about JCM800's or Mesa Mark series amps? I've heard a lot of talk on here about them being aggressive and raw. I still haven't got to check out that Mark III I was asking you guys about earlier this week. The guy who's selling it is a bit flaky :(

• Members

I had a D120 and that was indeed aggressive and badass
:thu:
What's the difference between that and the UL you have?

Also, what about JCM800's or Mesa Mark series amps? I've heard a lot of talk on here about them being aggressive and raw. I still haven't got to check out that Mark III I was asking you guys about earlier this week. The guy who's selling it is a bit flaky
:(

Well, IIRC correctly Metallica used Mrak's at one point in their careers. Me personally think of pissed off marshall's when I think of thrash. Something about Marshall full stacks, long hair and wildly flailing picking hands just goes together.

• Members

rivera ktre, ampeg vh140, and krank revolution come to mind.

The Ampeg is a cool amp. If I were to go solid state it would be another Randall. Kranks have way too much sizzle for me. It seems like you have to dial them in a certain way for them to sound good. I like to sound good with multiple EQ settings.

• Members

Also, what about JCM800's or Mesa Mark series amps? I've heard a lot of talk on here about them being aggressive and raw. I still haven't got to check out that Mark III I was asking you guys about earlier this week. The guy who's selling it is a bit flaky
:(

The Mark IIC+ and III are aggressive and raw. The IV and V are smoother. I love Mark amps, but if I were in your shoes, I'd go with a 5150 over a Mark.

Archived