GFS Solderless Cable System

chrispsullivan

• 2 months later...
  • Members

Am I the only one that finds in odd they sell the plugs in quantity of 5?

Me too. Make it four or six. A odd number seems kind of silly. Although I am sure it means they usually sell 2 packs instead of 1.

As for the cables and plugs, it looks pretty much like the Bill Lawrence/Wilde stuff. If it doesn't twist and spin up like the Lawrence cable, I'll be all over it.

• Members

Might I interest you in checking out blackturtle cables? solder-free and small and very well made. Just throwing out another choice.

Spam from the dead.

How about you participate and help out a little before pushing your piece of {censored} product?

:snax:

• Members

A buddy of mine bought the planet waves solderless make your own cable thing YEARS ago. It looks basically like the same concept as these where you screw down a pin that enters into the cable. Worked really well, choose your own lengths. He still has the cables, and they still work...some 7 years later or so.

• Members

I buy patch cables by the bucket at GC lol They're cheap and last forever. I think they're $3 each. {censored} making my own patch cables, solderless or not.

This is what I've done for awhile, but I'm starting to need some custom lengths, which means making my own.

• Members

Am I the only one that finds in odd they sell the plugs in quantity of 5?

They are in cohoots with the hot dog/bun industry. :lol:

I have George L's and Lava, good stuff, never a problem.

I have store-bought short jaunts like Billy, but I've had to make custom length jaunts SEVERAL times over the years. Solderless is a godsend.

• Members

I have my board done with the PW set. It super nice having all the cables the right size, I can get everything nice and tight on my board. The GFS stuff looks good though, I have been pleased with the other stuff I have bought from them. I am sure the cable kit would be no different.

• Members

I have store-bought short jaunts like Billy, but I've had to make custom length jaunts SEVERAL times over the years. Solderless is a godsend.

This. I need custom lengths and connector orientations that pre-packaged patch cables just don't offer. I've been using PW solderless kit for years now and they just work.

• Members

This. I need custom lengths and connector orientations that pre-packaged patch cables just don't offer. I've been using PW solderless kit for years now and they just work.

+1 on this....I love being able to custom fit cables on my board...here's an old pic of my partially connected board. Tight fits and connections.2008may059.jpg

Archived