Fractal just released a preview of their "Tone Matching" capability.

soilent

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

What if you don't want a "unique sound". Hell not even sure that even exists.

If I buy a 5150...is THAT unique? If I buy a Fender Supersonic...is THAT "unique"?

What if I'd like as many different sounds and tones as possible to help me create my own UNIQUE music and recording?

The difference is with this tone matching {censored} you're basically using pre-recorded sounds.

Just because you have a sweet amp doesnt mean you'll be able to get a great recorded sound with it without working for it. With this pre-recorded, pre-eq'd stuff you will.

• Members

LOL @ Zent getting pissed at people for differing opinions again
:lol:

Lol@ you again.:facepalm::lol: Not liking the clip is one thing, I have no problem with that.....not liking Fractal and doing nothing but posting how you wish for it's demise because Scott Peterson owns one is ridiculous. The creep ass even posted he didn't like the playing but in the next post said he did but since the guy used a Fractal he was worthy of derision.

Can you ever post anything based on fact or is this just your way of trolling? Did you even read the thread you big corn huskin' c*nt? Do you even know the story behind that little pr*cks obsession with Peterson and by proxy, Fractal? My God you're an ignorant little {censored}.

• Members

Zentman,

You seem to lack the ability to have an objective discussion about the AxeFX. I've clearly and openly stated my reasons for criticizing the product. Rather than criticize a product on unfounded grounds, I've stated the unit sounds good for a digital device and is fairly priced for the functions it offers. My choice to not purchase one is based on the behavior of the company and those who associate themselves with it.

Rather than have an objective discussion or ignore my posts, you resort to childish name calling.

I have to wonder what your connection is to this topic is to make it so personal for you. Hopefully, your Internet tantrum is not indicative of how you carry yourself in person.

BTW - what monitors are you using for your AxeII?

• Members
Zentman,

You seem to lack the ability to have an objective discussion about the AxeFX. I've clearly and openly stated my reasons for criticizing the product. Rather than criticize a product on unfounded grounds, I've stated the unit sounds good for a digital device and is fairly priced for the functions it offers. My choice to not purchase one is based on the behavior of the company and those who associate themselves with it.

Rather than have an objective discussion or ignore my posts, you resort to childish name calling.

I have to wonder what your connection is to this topic is to make it so personal for you. Hopefully, your Internet tantrum is not indicative of how you carry yourself in person.

feel_like_a_sir.jpg

• Members

Zentman,

Dude can the BS forum posturing. You have been posting that whole TGP ISP thing for a while. You have an ulterior motive in your every post. Remember? Fractal is worse than an ass raping pedophile because Scott Peterson uses one ( your words)? Come on man, don't back down now. You hate the company with a passion and have posted it many times. They can do no right.

Want me to find all my posts where I said it sounded like a modeler or where I said a tube amp is better but this serves it's purpose. Your {censored} ain't flying here pal. I support Kemper too. Got lot's of those posts as well.

You will show up in every Fractal thread and blast away because Scott and TGP Bhz'd you so badly you can't take it. {censored}ing baby.

Want some objectivity? Here ya go. The Axe is a modeler. It does not sound exactly like an amp in the room. it gives a close approximation of a tube amp and with it's effects makes a dandy gigging tool for guys who need versatility. If I were touring I would have an array of amps and an effects rack with a couple of them in it for effects. I would have roadies move it all for me.

As it is I only play churches that don't have cabs onstage anymore for sound reasons. There it works perfectly.

The Kemper unit has better out of the box models to me. The amp sims are fantastic.

The Pod HD500 would work for me but I like the axe's effects and can afford one so I have it. It is an excellent gigging tool. I don't record so that's not an issue for me.

I have zero patience anymore for the little forum idiots who can't see past their noses when it comes to tech. Most don't listen or read the threads and just come in for lulz with their moron buddies with the whole 1010101010 {censored} or lets rile Zent BS. 90% of the folks posting can't play a lick and never had a gig. Internet wanna be rock stars.

Guys who can play and have cred who don't like the snax don't bother me at all. Nerine, Billy, and a few others know their {censored} and don't like the snax. These guys don't troll they just state their opinions and I am fine with that.

• Members

How can my posts have an ulterior motive when I clearly post why I choose not to support Fractal? Just a someone may post and encourage others, implicitly or explicitly, to purchase a product by posting clips or discussing its features, an individual can post and discuss why he considers buying said device to be a bad idea.

The TGP/ISP thing to which you refer is a matter of fact. Therefore, my criticisms of the company are based on fact rather than some unquantifiable measure such as individual tone preference.

• Members

How can my posts have an ulterior motive when I clearly post why I choose not to support Fractal? Just a someone may post and encourage others, implicitly or explicitly, to purchase a product by posting clips or discussing its features, an individual can post and discuss why he considers buying said device to be a bad idea.

The TGP/ISP thing to which you refer is a matter of fact. Therefore, my criticisms of the company are based on fact rather than some unquantifiable measure such as individual tone preference.

Your critique of any sound produced by a Fractal kit is slightly tainted by your obsession with the company's demise.

• Members

Why would you hate a product based on the evilness of the company?

OH! I get it it, your "principles" only apply to Fractal...not mega corps that ass rape the earth and humanity. Cool! Keep up the great work!
:thu:

It's not even the company, it's a user of the product who banned some trolls and he can't get over it.

• Members

The difference is with this tone matching {censored} you're basically using pre-recorded sounds.

Just because you have a sweet amp doesnt mean you'll be able to get a great recorded sound with it without working for it. With this pre-recorded, pre-eq'd stuff you will.

And the problem is??????......

I don't see any of your problem with it. You just said you'll get a great recorded sound.

And you don't think an amp manufacturer has a certain sound they are looking for? Anyone make a Marshall clone ever? I heard people HATE that.

Look...if this thing ain't for you I get it. So far...your rational is falling pretty damn flat...by your own admission even. Just because you have signature sound doesn't make it unoriginal. It's YOU that makes it original..not your gear or sound or even your chord progression.

• Members

It's not even the company, it's a user of the product who banned some trolls and he can't get over it.

That statement is a gross misrepresentation of the issue.

However, rather than continually post about it in multiple threads, perhaps the best approach is to create a website which explains the problem and encourages viewers to boycott companies with close ties to the gear page.

OH! I get it it, your "principles" only apply to Fractal...not mega corps that ass rape the earth and humanity. Cool! Keep up the great work!

I've never stated I hate the product. On the contrary, it is the company I detest. Also, this discussion isn't about mega corporations--it's about Fractal and a niche market.

• Members

What is strange is that several users here seem to allow no criticism of Fractal or TGP. I have to wonder if we have a case of moderators from those forums posting under different names? If you like the product, why should you concern yourself with the issues others have with a company? Obviously, my intent is not to sway those who already own and like the product, but rather to educate those who may be considering a purchase.

• Members

What is strange is that several users here seem to allow no criticism of Fractal or TGP. I have to wonder if we have a case of moderators from those forums posting under different names? If you like the product, why should you concern yourself with the issues others have with a company? Obviously, my intent is not to sway those who already own and like the product, but rather to educate those who may be considering a purchase.

Lol such a valiant crusade. Your mom must be so proud

• Members

That statement is a gross misrepresentation of the issue.

However, rather than continually post about it in multiple threads, perhaps the best approach is to create a website which explains the problem and encourages viewers to boycott companies with close ties to the gear page.

I've never stated I hate the product. On the contrary, it is the company I detest. Also, this discussion isn't about mega corporations--it's about Fractal and a niche market.

LO...you just proved you are not fit for duty....I even told you that you shouldn't judge the product by the company, you disagreed with me, while telling me you like the product and disagree with the company.

If the product suits your use...use it. If you have difficulty with the principles of the companies you purchase product from...have a great time in your cave.

• Members

But, you aren't *educating* me. I do not know what you dislike about Fractal or TGP at this point. If you care to elaborate, I will listen and make my decision accordingly.

Gary

Archived