So our Album is finally out :)

keshav dhar

• Members

Hey guys, thought I'd share that Skyharbor's debut is finally out worldwide :) It's streaming in its entirety for free on our label Basick's bandcamp page, so have a listen whenever you get a spot of time and see what you think!

I want to profusely thank all of you amazing folks who have had kind words to say about our stuff and for all the advice and help over the years. I have learned so much just by reading through this forum and have received some great suggestions and feedback every time I've posted clips and such. So yeah... thanks a lot :) Hope you dig the music.

Here's the link where you can hear the whole thing for free and pick up a cd or some merch if you feel so inclined - http://music.basickrecords.com/album/blinding-white-noise-illusion-chaos

US/Canada peeps, it releases tomorrow (24th) in your part of the world, and you can order it from Prosthetic's store if you dig it :)http://store.prostheticrecords.com/index.php/basick/skyharbor-blinding-white-noise-digi-pak.html

Cheers guys :)

Keshav

• Members
Samnite - I've never really checked them out tbh, should I? It's more Oceansize influence than anything else really!

Cheers guys.

Baaaahahahahahaha! Never mind, man. I meant to come in to revise this hours ago. I made that comment while I was listening to the intro of the first track. It obviously goes through some pretty big (and non-King's X-ish) changes later. :facepalm:. Sorry.

• Members

I love this. I'll be honest though, it's a shame how the guitars are mixed. Sounds like you used monitors without much bass response because they're extremely muddy and bass heavy to the point that you can't make out some of the riffs. Everything else seems great, it just really lacks clarity in the guitars/bass. The music itself is amazing. It's like djent, but more atmospheric and creative.

• Members

I love this. I'll be honest though, it's a shame how the guitars are mixed. Sounds like you used monitors without much bass response because they're extremely muddy and bass heavy to the point that you can't make out some of the riffs. Everything else seems great, it just really lacks clarity in the guitars/bass. The music itself is amazing. It's like djent, but more atmospheric and creative.

Thanks man, I see where you're coming from for sure. I definitely have some considerable way to go yet as a producer. I sometimes did mix the rhythm guitars a little low on purpose though, for specific sections, as I like the layers and vocals to take the forefront, and the busier riffs would've fought for space with the vocals if mixed more upfront or present (IMO). But yeah - thanks, it's something I'll keep an eye out for on the next album!

• Members

Thanks a lot for the support guys, and whoever's purchased :) Means a LOT!

I hear a lot of TesseracT influence here, as far as the atmosphere goes. Hell the clean vocals even remind me of Dan...Which is a very good thing, as I loved his vocals for Tesseract.

That's probably because it is Dan ;) thanks man.

• Members

That's probably because it is Dan
;)
thanks man.

LMAO! No {censored}??? Congrats!! I've said this before various places, but Dan has the perfect voice for this kind of stuff. Best singer in the genre if you ask me :thu:

I feel like an idiot, but at least my ear wasn't deceiving me :)

Archived