Season 2 of Game of Thrones...

Soundstorm

• Members

meh.... lots of the book fans have been bitching about the series for a long time and to be honest IMO there have been maybe 1 or 2 valid points and even then those changes are justifiable IMO.... I have already separated the series from the books in my head almost to the point where I welcome some changes because I don't like knowing EVERYTHING that's going to happen... in the end the writers are getting from point A to B but just taking a slightly different path from the books... the only issue I'll have is if they don't kill someone that dies in the books, and that goes for no one in particular... if they died in the books, they have to die in the series...

This is precisely why I refuse to read the books until AFTER the corresponding series. I refuse to let it ruin the series for me! :thu:

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Series just gives me visuals to the books. Still pretty awesome imo even though I have read the books. I could care less if they changed a few things. The changes I have seen work well with the series imo. You've gotta think also...The book has soooooo many characters in it. Not going to be possible to fit everything into a television series.

The Others at the end were bad {censored}ing ass! Can't wait to see the battle in the next season.
It really makes me wonder about their social/leadership structure.

• Members

meh.... lots of the book fans have been bitching about the series for a long time and to be honest IMO there have been maybe 1 or 2 valid points and even then those changes are justifiable IMO.... I have already separated the series from the books in my head almost to the point where I welcome some changes because I don't like knowing EVERYTHING that's going to happen... in the end the writers are getting from point A to B but just taking a slightly different path from the books... the only issue I'll have is if they don't kill someone that dies in the books, and that goes for no one in particular... if they died in the books, they have to die in the series...

Sort of like with True Blood - they bent that series over and {censored}ed it in the ass, it's so different. Not that I have read it, but given what my better half, who has, has said about it. For example, the gay cook charactor doesn't exist, some other people who are important later in the series died early...just {censored} like that.

• Members

^ True Blood is only worth watching for the titteh.

Pretty much unwatchable the last two seasons. I used to love that show, but it just annoys me now. I haven't read those books either, but the show has really turned me off for some reason.

• Members

^ So I guess my question is why didn't they kill Sam when they walked past him?

He looked scared and not worthy of their effort? Or maybe they only care about what is on the other side of the wall (hinted by the fact that after he see's Sam, he looks at the wall and marches on)? No idea.

• Members

Got this quote....Pretty much sums up this season for me. Idk I still liked it.

"The end of "Valar Morghulis" also evoked "Lost," which had a knack for closing out flat episodes and/or seasons with such a gripping cliffhanger that it made you ignore how little of substance had happened leading up to it. I could complain about how easily Dany defeated Warlock Dean Pelton, for instance, but... hey, look! Zombie horse!"

• Members

"The end of "Valar Morghulis" also evoked "Lost," which had a knack for closing out flat episodes and/or seasons with such a gripping cliffhanger that it made you ignore how little of substance had happened leading up to it. I could complain about how easily Dany defeated Warlock Dean Pelton, for instance, but... hey, look! Zombie horse!"

I don't know. As a laymen, everything worked just fine in the last episode. Loved everything in it. Even Theon getting pissed at the horn blower was a nice comic relief from all the epic'ness i was enjoying.

• Members

Sort of like with True Blood - they bent that series over and {censored}ed it in the ass, it's so different. Not that I have read it, but given what my better half, who has, has said about it. For example, the gay cook charactor doesn't exist, some other people who are important later in the series died early...just {censored} like that.

I think True Blood is a different case to GoT, they went WAY off track, from what I've been told, with the series to the point of after the first season it doesn't really have much in common, or so I've been told... {censored} like Lafayette was actually killed in the books... but not in the series... this hasn't been the case with GoT at all and I don't think George RR Martin will let it do that

• Members

I don't know. As a laymen, everything worked just fine in the last episode. Loved everything in it. Even Theon getting pissed at the horn blower was a nice comic relief from all the epic'ness i was enjoying.

I thought it was funny, but couldn't help but wonder where the 500 men with the horn blowers were while Winterfell was burning and also, why didn't the little lords hook up with them.

• Members

I thought it was funny, but couldn't help but wonder where the 500 men with the horn blowers were while Winterfell was burning and also, why didn't the little lords hook up with them.

Wondered the same thing

• Members

in the books they actually teemed up with Theon to burn down Winterfell.... not sure what went down there in the series....

Over all I dug the closer... they kinda did rush some stuff but... awesome cliff hanger.... sucks we have to wait a year again...

• Members

Yeah.... book 3 by far has the most {censored} go down in a short time.... I do believe I have read online that they will do book 3 over two seasons, which makes sense considering they left out stuff from book 2 and based on the Character listing they said is coming in season 3 it looks like they will be revisiting those things they missed from book 2 this season....

• Members

I agree somewhat.

I was talking to a friend earlier about the Daenerys/Pyat "battle" and thought it was a little weak that he seemingly made no effort to NOT be burned alive. I know the implication is that he isn't much more than a magician with a bag of parlor tricks but they could have at least had him attempt to run away or something

• Members

Yeah... I agree with you there... it was some what lame in that sense.... but other than that they did a pretty cool job of showing what she went through in the spire, may not be exactly what's in the books but it got the point across IMO

Archived