Had a epic weekend...New car good fishin...

NixerX

• Members

Nice bass!
:thu:
One that size in my state is a good one as well. Biggest I have caught is 7lbs and that is huge for around here
:lol:

Yea man..it was a tank. Actually the biggest one I pulled out of this pond. It was my 2nd cast trying out a technique called "Shakey head" My scale said he was about 4lbs...but I think my scale is a little rusted. Im gonna have to check the calibration on it.

I couldnt imagine grabbing a 7lbs large mouth...Id {censored}. :thu:

• Members

Nice of you to say. I tell you what, im dying to get down there to do some bassin. Ive seen the video's

I don't eat them. Salmon or trout is a different story. Besides...put him back and let him get bigger

Good man! Unless you're hungry of course.

The smaller ones are half decent to eat but not the best. Bass is for sport.

I prefer crappie. Them Yankee cold water Walleyes are the very best eatin.

A bass over 2lb or so is tricky to cook. Best way if you must is gut and grill em whole, stuff the insides with butter, garlic, seasonings of choice.

• Members

Good man! Unless you're hungry of course.

The smaller ones are half decent to eat but not the best. Bass is for sport.

I prefer crappie. Them Yankee cold water Walleyes are the very best eatin.

A bass over 2lb or so is tricky to cook. Best way if you must is gut and grill em whole, stuff the insides with butter, garlic, seasonings of choice.

I LOVES me some walleye! :love: I never eat bass, always catch and release. Perch or walleye all get cooked. Fine eating right there!

• Members

I LOVES me some walleye!
:love:
I never eat bass, always catch and release. Perch or walleye all get cooked. Fine eating right there!

When my Dad was alive, we would do a fly in Western Ontario for a week every 2 yrs.

North of Souix Lookout Ontario.

Walleye practically jump in the boat!

Yum Yum!

Bald eagles, moose, no electricity or phones.

Best trips ever!

• Members

When my Dad was alive, we would do a fly in Western Ontario for a week every 2 yrs.

North of Souix Lookout Ontario.

Walleye practically jump in the boat!

Yum Yum!

Bald eagles, moose, no electricity or phones.

Best trips ever!

Sounds like my kind of vacation!!! :thu:

• Members

Oh, I've done it many times and you are absolutely correct. I just don't like cleaning them.

I hear ya. It's no fun, but damn, there's pretty much nothing I'd rather eat than just-caught fish! :love:

I really need to do another one of those charter fishing trips to the Chandeleur Islands off the coast of Louisiana, where we SLAUGHTERED redfish, brought them back to the boat and had the guy basically clean them alive for us and blacken them to perfection the second he's done cleaning them. BAST. EVAR.

• Members

I hear ya. It's no fun, but damn, there's pretty much nothing I'd rather eat than just-caught fish!
:love:

I really need to do another one of those charter fishing trips to the Chandeleur Islands off the coast of Louisiana, where we SLAUGHTERED redfish, brought them back to the boat and had the guy basically clean them alive for us and blacken them to perfection the second he's done cleaning them. BAST. EVAR.

Yup Yup! I much prefer Ocean fish or COLD freshwater fish cooked promptly after I do it in. Cleaning a fish doesn't bother me. I really gotta want it tho.

Archived