CSB of the day: My Laney amp :)

guitarbilly74

• Members

So I traded my Legacy for a Laney GH100L last week. The guy who traded it with me was not a guitar player but he said he manages bands and one of his artists used to be with Laney and gave him the amps. At the time, I did not bother asking who he manages etc because I was in a hurry and had some {censored} to do and just wanted to get the amp and leave. But since the guy was very nice, today I decided to shoot him an email to ask who the amp used to belong to. It turns out he's Paul Gibert's PR guy and my GH was one of his amps. He also does PR for Vai and manages Thin Lizzy :lol:

Link to their site:

http://www.vqpr.com/

Pretty {censored}ing cool.

tl;dr : I have one of PG's Laneys.

• Members

are there any bite marks to collaborate the story?

nope, just a normal looking Laney. There are some rips in the tolex and it had some settings marked on the amp with a black marker, which I removed :facepalm::lol: Had I known whose settings they were I would have kept them :lol: but it's all gone now haha

• Members

I would refrain from saying "my Laney amp". Lol. ;-)

Similar story, Evh visited the local Peavey dealer at the time in 96 for one of his shows coming up that night. Think they played 2 nights... They took all the 5150s for the gig that night. They returned the gear and I got one of the amps Eddie played on stage.. At the time he was running the 2x12 combo into the 4x12 as his main tone.

• Members

Ask him how he sleeps at night, knowing he manages the modern-day aberration that is Thin Lizzy.

:lol: I want to stay on this guy's good side, maybe I can snag an opening spot on one of his artists shows... even if it's modern-day Thin Lizzy, I wouldn't care :lol:

• Members

I would refrain from saying "my Laney amp".

Similar story, Evh visited the local Peavey dealer at the time in 96 at a stop for one of his shows.. They took all the 5150s for the gig that night. They returned the gear and I got one of the amps Eddie played on stage.. At the time he was running the 2x12 combo into the 4x12 as his main tone.

Honestly I don't care too much about it, it's just a GH100L like any other, nothing special or different about it. I just thought it was a cool story to share :)

• Members

Quick sell it......it could be worth a fortune.
:cop:

lol I don't plan to sell it but don't quote me on that :lol:

However, if I DO sell it eventually, I won't ask for a penny more than their normal going price. Now THAT you can quote me on. I am not that kind of person, it's just an amp. I just thought it was a real CSB. :)

• Members

I would refrain from saying "my Laney amp". Lol. ;-)

Similar story, Evh visited the local Peavey dealer at the time in 96 for one of his shows coming up that night. Think they played 2 nights... They took all the 5150s for the gig that night. They returned the gear and I got one of the amps Eddie played on stage.. At the time he was running the 2x12 combo into the 4x12 as his main tone.

You just one-upped GB. Not easy to do...not easy at all.

• Members
lol I don't plan to sell it but don't quote me on that
:lol:

However, if I DO sell it eventually, I won't ask for a penny more than their normal going price. Now THAT you can quote me on. I am not that kind of person, it's just an amp. I just thought it was a real CSB.
:)

Srsly, that is a cool story, love Paul Gilbert. :love::love::love:

• Members

PG played through it! That's like having an amp version of ToneRite. Now it is properly seasoned.

I heard they are making a ToneRite that was molded from Paul Gilberts dick..the detail is really impressive.. A little skinny, though

• Members

PG played through it! That's like having an amp version of ToneRite. Now it is properly seasoned.

I know :love:

that poor amp... went from amplifying PG's awesomeness to amplifying my dumb wanking :cry:

I bet the amp feels like it's on vacation now though .. it's probably thinking "pfft that's ALL you got? I can handle this {censored}, no problem" lololol :lol:

Archived