So, Meshuggah...

spawnofthesith

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Bast band evar is probably an exaggeration (keep in mind I am in the afterglow of seeing them last night
:lol:
)

But unquestionable one of the greatest.

they're amazing live, no question. I thought Baroness opening was an odd choice. was the intermission music between Baroness and Meshuggah, Rod Stewarts "Do Ya Think I'm Sexy" on constant rotation? lol, couldn't figure that one out.

• Members

they're amazing live, no question. I thought Baroness opening was an odd choice. was the intermission music between Baroness and Meshuggah, Rod Stewarts "Do Ya Think I'm Sexy" on constant rotation? lol, couldn't figure that one out.

I thought it was strange too, but I {censored}ing love Baroness so I was happy about that. And yes, I believe it was :lol:

• Members

Prepare to be blown away. Loops gonna love their lights... I've never seen a metal show with lights like Meshuggah had before
:lol:

I am preparing for epicness. I will also NOT be forgetting my earplugs in the car as my ears are still not 100% from Tuesday. :lol::facepalm:

• Members

Wtf!?, that wasn't coincidence? They played the same Rod Stewart song at the House of Blues Sunset where I went to see the show. My friend commented on how weird the song was and why they played it over and over. Not 100% sure of title, but it was a Rod Stewart song.

Anyways, Meshuggah kills live but they aren't the best band ever. Haake is a goddamn beast behind the kit. Super impressed by his playing in particular.

• Members

"hey guys we need to do something different with the new album so it looks like we are progressing, what shall we do...."

"hey I got a good idea, let's play the same riffs over and over until they get to the point being annoying like we always do, but get this....let's add another string too our guitars so they are tuned lower which = more heavy"

Farrrking boring. They stoppped being interesting after catch 33. Apparat from the odd track.

• Members

"hey guys we need to do something different with the new album so it looks like we are progressing, what shall we do...."

"hey I got a good idea, let's play the same riffs over and over until they get to the point being annoying like we always do, but get this....let's add another string too our guitars so they are tuned lower which = more heavy"

Farrrking boring. They stoppped being interesting after catch 33.
Apparat from the odd track.

Foederl_Apparat_4_Stellen_600_618.gif

• Members

They aren't exactly cookie monster.. He's pretty much an always screaming/yelling more aggressive version of ajfa Hetfield..

I want to hear this new album since it seems like I'd be more into it than I have been of Meh-Shuggah lately.. Because they have been rather meh.. Obzen really never hot on all cylinders even though it felt better than their previous few..

For me Chaosphere was excellent.. It felt like their perfect merging of thought out rhythms with riffs that were just bad ass riffs developed from playing.. Today,I wouldn't doubt all their riffs and songs are written by plugging notes into a vst instrument and then learning them after they are written in a computer.. I know saying it lacks soul is getting as tired as Meshuggah and the while djent copy cats, but...... it lacks soul.. I didn't grow up with a computer being a part of my life 24/7. I still want to hear music that is made by 4 smelly long hairs in a dirty jam room with gnats flying out of 2 month old beer bottles. Remnants of weed and coke.on the table and naked bitches on the wall... Seems to be a good atmosphere to create, it is for me anyway..

• Members

Meshuggah is a weird band. I love how pissed off and brutal their songs are, but I can only take them in small doses because they quickly become very monotonous and boring. They're perfect for throwing into a mix with other heavy music, but I wouldn't sit there and listen through an entire album at once.

Archived