For a place that digs teh bROotlZ you guys sure loves you some Tele's!

Warhorse

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm surprised that carpet isnt dirtier, what with you dragging your knuckles across it on a daily basis.

:lol:

Someone didn't get their Laney check today. Actual carpet is quite clean, but your butthurt is noted. :wave:

5aeceb8a.jpg

• Members

Love the sound, hate the body. Teles are about as comfortable to play as they are to shove up your dickhole.

I can honestly say this is the first time I've ever heard this about a tele.

• Members

I can honestly say this is the first time I've ever heard this about a tele.

For someone who slings it a bit lower I can see how it'd be no real problem. Me though? I have my guitars up pretty damn high. The lack of contour in the back means I get an edge digging into my ribcage, the lack of contour on the front means I get an edge digging into my forearm. Also, because my arm and wrist sit flush with the body, it means my arm wants to tilt the guitar up a bit, which just means the edges dig in to my arm and ribs even harder.

Then there's the control placement. Vol and tone controls are just too far away, and the pickup selector is too close to the volume. When its on the bridge position, you'd struggle to slide a piece of paper in the gap (slight exaggeration). And the selector is positioned horizontally. When my hand goes to flick the selector, it doesn't move horizontally, it moves at a diagonal, i.e. Strat switch position makes more sense, just like the knob placements, and the contours.

I have similar problems with Les Pauls, although I have even more complaints with those. Just plain uncomfortable and awkward to play.

I'd have to have a custom 7 made that sounds like a Tele but doesn't play like a medieval torture device.

Archived