Edumacate me on Fuzz Face variants RB, telephant, Guitarslinger, et al?

Ovid9

• Members

Wait...the Dream Crusher looks like it needs some specific power supply for it? :/

Just about any germanium fuzz/treble booster requires a positive-center adapter (the fuzz factory being an exception) has something to do with the way the circuit is wired. I don't know the "why" exactly.

Normal boss pedals are positive-center. If you have an isolated power supply (like a PP2 or a Supacharger) you can use it with no problem, you just need to use the red cable that came with the power supply for that pedal. Won't work with a dc brick or a one spot.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Just about any germanium fuzz/treble booster requires a positive-center adapter (the fuzz factory being an exception) has something to do with the way the circuit is wired. I don't know the "why" exactly.

Normal boss pedals are positive-center. If you have an isolated power supply (like a PP2 or a Supacharger) you can use it with no problem, you just need to use the red cable that came with the power supply for that pedal. Won't work with a dc brick or a one spot.

Well this is handy to know as well. I don't know if I have any center positive power supplies or not.

But snagging of those isn't a big deal. This reminds me I need to pony up for a decent power supply too. :facepalm:

:lol:

• Members

When I finally go back to an electric rig the main sound will be fuzz based. I'm trying honestly to decide between a retro channel the fuzz, voodoo labs superfuzz, or skinpimp face plant. Face plant is the only one of those that's fuzz face styled, but I don't know...I likes what I likes.

• Members
That would be epic as hell
:lol:

Hilarious as well. Imagine if you will a cover band on stage playing Layla or something from Clapton's snoreful years, things are going well people are mellow and all is right with the world. Then out of nowhere a random sun ray screams thru the cloud cover heading directly for the fuzz and all that is heard before the crushing gain kicks in is the agonized scream from the guitarist....

NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Archived