OT: What do you really think about Rob Chappers?

iloveespguitars

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I like him and he reviews amps well, he also uses lot of gain levels, and shows the difference between a scooped sound and one mid range.

He plays a lot of styles too, I trust his reviews a lot of the time.

Pretty much this. Seems like a decent guy to me.

• Members

Funny guy. I like his play'n and reviews. His sig amp sounds good. His own line of guitars I've heard a couple have sounded a bit dark to me although he has push pull pots/toggles to brighten them up with. When he's playing a Les Paul it sounds great. He's got some tasty playing. The shred I could give a {censored} about.

• Members

Funny guy. I like his play'n and reviews. His sig amp sounds good. His own line of guitars I've heard a couple have sounded a bit dark to me although he has push pull pots/toggles to brighten them up with. When he's playing a Les Paul it sounds great. He's got some tasty playing. The shred I could give a {censored} about.

I've always wondered where he gets all the dough for all these ventures? His own line of guitars/company and now his own signature amp. Does he even play in a successful band or anything? I really no nothing about the guy except for his YouTube videos.

• Members

I've always wondered where he gets all the dough for all these ventures? His own line of guitars/company and now his own signature amp. Does he even play in a successful band or anything? I really no nothing about the guy except for his YouTube videos.

Well... whoever is famous is going to catch on to "somebody" out there who wants to start sponsoring...

• Members

He basically made himself famous via Youtube. I've gotta hand it to him, it's not everyone who can do that, and Rob did it largely on the strength of his charisma.

With 45k subscribers and 21 million video views he (and whoever is sponsoring him) is able to reach a massive, international audience.

I'm sure he's making money from Anderton's, his guitar company, live gigs etc.

• Members

He used to be the demo guy for Orange amps and post on the forum all the time. I thought he was a really cool guy but everyone else over there got pissed off when he switched to Marshall. He's a nice guy and makes some funny ass demo vids. Hell of a guitarist too:o

• Members

Not just Rob Chappers, but I've noticed a helluva lot of review videos these days will tell you something is great no matter what; there doesn't seem to be any constructive, critical reviews anymore. I guess, largely as most "review" videos are store owners wanting to flog gear...

That must be why I still buy guitar mags.

Archived