NAD: Peavey Prowler content

Mind Riot

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

:)

Yes, Fretsie, we have the same amp now. I think I'll be using the second channel a bit more than you do though. :)

Another thing I noticed: we also have the same camera, the Kodak Zi10. I saw some of your vids made with it and went hunting on ebay for one. Snagged mine, a factory refurb, for $40 with free shipping. :thu:

I don't, at this time, plan on buying any more duplicates of your gear. :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Received my new 8 ohm Retro 30 a few days ago, swapped out the Vintage 30 for it (V30's for sale now). I much prefer the Retro 30, its very detailed and seems to balance the frequency range nicely. I guess I'm another victim of the Vintage 30s notorious mid hump.

I really like the Retro 30, anyone else enjoying this speaker?

And after having the Prowler for just a little bit, probably still in the honeymoon period, but I just love it more the more I play it. :thu:

• Members

Just a question, did you ever try the V30 with a band? I like those speakers, but I think they shine best in the context of a band environment, not by themselves.

Not in a band at this point, I'm primarily a studio rat. Just writing and recording my own stuff. :thu:

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Sorry it took so long, but I finally got around to making a short clip with some clean and distorted riffs. On both the EQ on the amp are set straight up, but I'm running another EQ through the effects loop. Boosting a particular frequency gave the low A palm mutes an authoritative bark that I crave.

Anyway, it's just a couple riffs, no big whoop. :)

http://soundcloud.com/one-mans-trash/peavey-prowler-clip

• Members

Cool playing and amp. I had a Peavey Bravo and as someone else mentioned, when I tried a Swamp Thang with it it sounded really cool. You might want to try one sometime. I thought the mid bark was a little pointy and the Swamp Thang helped with that.

HNAD!

• Members

It's a sweet amp. I've been kinda on the prowl for one for a buddy of mine who's looking to get a solid, diverse tube amp on the cheap.

Best wishes in your search. I don't know how much MIA means to you, but supposedly the Peavey Valveking is pretty much identical to the Ultra series, except for an even crappier stock speaker and being MIC. They go pretty cheap from what I hear. :idk:

• Members

What kind of power tubes does this guy use? They sound fat like a 6L6...

I am still on the fence about the distortion (though it sounds good), but damn the cleans!!! What guitar and pickups were used on that clip? What mic?

Cole

It is 6L6 powered. I used to have one of these; great amp. Not loud at all for a 45 watt tube amp though!.

Archived