NAD: Peavey Prowler content

Mind Riot

• Members

Hark! What unknown cargo doth yonder van delivereth to me?

Box.jpg

I shall unleash what lies within by my trusty blade!

Prowler.jpg

Rejoice, one and all! It doth be the stuff of legend, the venerable Peavey Prowler! It has come to saveth us all.

And what is this? What lay betwixt the walls of thine Prowler, but an even more deadly force for staving in the skulls of thine enemies?

V30.jpg

Let us retire to the Great Hall to be regaled by the stories of battle and triumph thine Prowler bringeth! Let us drink deeply of the wenches and fornicate endlessly with thine mugs of sweet ale!

Rig.jpg

Rejoice, one and all! Our times of struggle and toil have ended! Thee Prowler wouldst lead us all!

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Congrats. Very clean. The "toob or ss" question is perfectly justified with many of these peaveys, the layout is the same with that eras peavey studio pro 112. A reason why many of those peaveys were sold for pennies, their second or whoever owners mistaken them for the cheaper ones!

• Members

Glad she is performing the way I said it would! Still the sleeper amp all could be perfectly happy with! Then comes the Bravo and the Ultra Plus!

It really is a great all rounder amp. Does everything well, I'm just pleased as punch to have it. :)

Thanks again for a smooth transaction. :thu:

EDIT: How many people around here have one of these, or an Ultra or Bravo?

• Members

It really is a great all rounder amp. Does everything well, I'm just pleased as punch to have it.
:)

Thanks again for a smooth transaction.
:thu:

EDIT: How many people around here have one of these, or an Ultra or Bravo?

I have a Bravo which is a killer little amp.

I'm still confused why Peavey doesn't reissue it, or another of their older smaller amps since there seems to be a market for lower wattage tube amps right now.

• Members

The active EQ on the gain channel is interesting. Definitely different to dial in than a regular passive one, but I like it.

Experimenting with the amps' onboard boost vs just the gain channel plus boost pedal in front, or all three, or just the gain channel. A lot of different tones available but at the moment I'm preferring boosting the gain channel with a Bad Monkey, sounds amazing. :thu:

I think I'll stick with the V30 a bit more, I haven't used one before and I feel like I'm getting more of a feel for it.

Overall I'm just loving this amp more and more. :cool:

• Members

I like it more the more I play it. Not too sure about the Vintage 30 though. May have to trade that out.

Im not really fond of my Rockmaster/Classic 50-50 rack with my v30 either. I really do like it with the Swamp Thang though(super sensitive at 102 dB at 1W and helps thicken up the mid peak in peaveys). It makes for a great sleeper amp. Pull up to your gig, laugh off the "you need a stack" crowd and watch as your tiny combo levels much larger, heavier rigs and cuts through the mix like a chainsaw through toilet paper or in your case, Mj

• Members

awesome! how much?

$325 shipped. Not the steal that many have gotten, but it's pristine and came with the Vintage 30, which is a $145 speaker on it's own.

I knew going in that it was a good deal but not a steal, but I also knew going in what I was getting, and I think it's easily worth what I paid and more.

I do still feel like I'm in on the secret now. US made tube amps, both channels sound great, for the cost of a cheap modeling amp. Awww yeah. :cool:

Archived