eBay Q.., should I be nice?

satannica

• Members

They only lose their account if they do the same thing 3 times in a month.

When the same thing happened with me with a jacket I told the seller I would leave him -ve feedback if he didn't sell and he sent me a big ranting email about how that wasn't necessary cos he'd tried to work with me by offering to sell it at twice the amount I'd won the auction for :freak:

He got neg'd

• Members

They only lose their account if they do the same thing 3 times in a month.

When the same thing happened with me with a jacket I told the seller I would leave him -ve feedback if he didn't sell and he sent me a big ranting email about how that wasn't necessary cos he'd tried to work with me by offering to sell it at twice the amount I'd won the auction for
:freak:

He got neg'd

RACIST

• Members

I hate sellers like that. They start low and hope they get big bids. If they don't they want to back out or make excuses instead of just putting the starting bid at what they want or putting a reserve on the item. Not really anything you can do. The negative feedback is warranted and I'm sure the seller knows it. At least it wasn't something you really wanted badly.

• Members

I've only ever had one bad experience on eBay; I bought a Jackson KV2 from a seller in Germany. What turned up was a Jackson hard case with two bricks inside. I didn't get a penny back.

Other than that, I've been ok. Sometimes I didn't get as much as I would have liked but I'm not going to cry about a tenner. Not had anything other than this one incident.

Plus I just scored a gorgeous ESP MII so I'm all good :)

• Members

If the guy had a 'story' with it it would be one thing. I bought a computer from a guy selling about 5 computers and they turned out to be different than listed. The other buyers and myself communicated with him and he had a few kids and was a bit slow, but trying to make a living and didn't know what he was doing. Anyway we told him to refund everybody and we wouldn't hold it against him. Sounds like your guy needs to take the hit on it. I think you did the right thing.

• Members

No way dude! Don't be nice! You won it fair and square. Stupid/ignorant people already get too many breaks in our society. And since you're the buyer, eBay is probably going to side with you anyway. I say go for it.

Edit: Just read satan's response. That sucks man, I wish you would've given him hell. I'm a frequent eBayer too. We can't allow people like that on there.

• Members

Try and get it, if every seller that didn't get as much as they want acted like this
Ebay would be a complete piece of {censored}

I think it's been that way for some time now. I don't even use it anymore (nowadays?). I think I started using it back in 98 or so and it seemed to be reasonably solid then but it got way worse. It got to the point that if I sold something I was actually surprised if the winning bidder actually paid for the item.

• Members

I think it's been that way for some time now. I don't even use it anymore (nowadays?). I think I started using it back in 98 or so and it seemed to be reasonably solid then but it got way worse. It got to the point that if I sold something I was actually surprised if the winning bidder actually paid for the item.

Yeah no doubt it has got worse, but there are still some sweet bargains to be had if you put in the time to look.

Archived