Hey Ebay guys, need some help with the negative feedback policy anymore.

diddlybo

• Members

I wouldn't say you are the asshole here...But I also wouldn't say he is either.

Look, if the ad was vague, you should have asked if these would fit your amp. Plain and simple. It's really not his fault...If they ARE, in fact, not genuine fender, and were labeled as such, that's a different issue entirely, and one you failed to mention to start with.

Bottom line, live and learn man. Just brush it off and find some new knobs. Did you try and contact Fender directly? They may be able to help you more than a random ebay seller
:idk:

Well, the intent of the thread was simply to ask about Ebay's feedback policy. As far the rest goes, I've already brushed it off. Its no big deal.

• Members

I didn't call anyone an asshole. Just pointed out that is wrong to give a seller negative feedback because you don't like his tone or he won't do you a favor by asking his distributor about your amp.

But eBay policy is on your side, they side with buyer's 99% of the times so do what you see fit.

• Members

unless you asked him specifically, or the listing specifically it would fit, you have no one to blame but yourself.

OK. I guess its my fault.

Say you have a Les Paul with Gibson Burstbucker pickups and one of them goes out. You then find a dealer of genuine Gibson parts who sells Burstbucker pickups. Are you going to ask specifically if those burstbucker pickups will fit a Les Paul? I know I probably wouldn't because I know BB pickups will fit a Les Paul. Now let's say you try to install the pickup and it doesn't fit. Are you going to blame yourself? Now let's say you contact this dealer of genuine Gibson parts to tell him the pup doesn't fit and his exact words are "I don't know what to tell you", then ignores your other messages for 5 days. Are you still going to blame yourself? And if this transaction took place on ebay, are you going to give the seller positive feedback?

• Members

I didn't call anyone an asshole. Just pointed out that is wrong to give a seller negative feedback because you don't like his tone or he won't do you a
favor
by asking his distributor about your amp.

But eBay policy is on your side, they side with buyer's 99% of the times so do what you see fit.

But did you ever consider that the knobs aren't genuine fender parts? You're assuming he delivered the part as described. I don't think he did. Then he claimed I broke the knobs. Do you really think I should give him good feedback?

• Members

OK. I guess its my fault.

Say you have a Les Paul with Gibson Burstbucker pickups and one of them goes out. You then find a dealer of genuine Gibson parts who sells Burstbucker pickups. Are you going to ask specifically if those burstbucker pickups will fit a Les Paul? I know I probably wouldn't because I know BB pickups will fit a Les Paul. Now let's say you try to install the pickup and it doesn't fit. Are you going to blame yourself? Now let's say you contact this dealer of genuine Gibson parts to tell him the pup doesn't fit and his exact words are "I don't know what to tell you", then ignores your other messages for 5 days. Are you still going to blame yourself? And if this transaction took place on ebay, are you going to give the seller positive feedback?

Terrible analogy, bro. Pointer knobs were used on everything from Evil Twins to little practice amps in 4 different manufacturing countries.

• Members

completely different. you are talking about a specific item vs a generic item.

No, I;m not. I'm speaking specifically of Fender Pointer knobs. Genuine Fender Pointer knobs sold by a dealer of genuine Fender parts.

• Members

Terrible analogy, bro. Pointer knobs were used on everything from Evil Twins to little practice amps in 4 different manufacturing countries.

And Burstbucker pickups can be used in every electric guitar Gibson makes with humbucking pups. .

• Members

But did you ever consider that the knobs aren't genuine fender parts? You're assuming he delivered the part as described. I don't think he did. Then he claimed I broke the knobs. Do you really think I should give him good feedback?

I think you're investing too much emotional energy in it. You ordered some cheap eBay knobs. They didn't fit. Stuff happens. I think you'd be better off just letting it go and getting on with your life.

There really has been a plethora of threads here and at TGP lately with people complaining about the littlest problems. Seriously, this is hardly threadworthy.

• Members

unless you asked him specifically, or the listing specifically it would fit, you have no one to blame but yourself.

In the OP's defense. If the auction said "Genuine Fender" parts and they didn't come packaged as "Genuine Fender" parts then IMO it's false advertising. The OP shouldn't really have to ask if they are "Genuine Fender" parts if the auction description or title already says that.

If the auction said that or not I don't know but that's what I got from his previous post and why he didn't specifically ask if they would fit. He thought they were genuine parts and they turned out to be generic.

• Members

I think you're investing too much emotional energy in it. You ordered some cheap eBay knobs. They didn't fit. Stuff happens. I think you'd be better off just letting it go and getting on with your life.

There really has been a plethora of threads here and at TGP lately with people complaining about the littlest problems. Seriously, this is hardly threadworthy.

I know what you mean and I could give a {censored} about the knobs or the money. The purpose of the thread was to ask about the Ebay feedback policy. FWIW, I'm not leaving bad feedback for the guy. I've never left bad feedback for any Ebay seller.

• Members

And Burstbucker pickups can be used in every electric guitar Gibson makes with humbucking pups. .

sure but if you buy the Burstbucker 5 when your original was the BB2, it's not the seller's fault it sounds different, is it?

There are different BurstBuckers. There are different size of pointer knobs.

This is hopeless.

• Members

Listen, I'm not worked up about this and I do appreciate the opinions of you guys. It has been interesting to get various points of view.

Let's change the subject to this:

hot-babes-wallpapers.jpg

thread got better :)

Anyway, why can't you hack the knobs into the amp anyway?

If they're loose just wrap some electrical tape around the pots shaft. If they're too tight use a soldering iron to enlarge the holes.

Wow the sentence above goes REALLY well with the picture :love::lol:

• Members

This is why on anything I sell I CLEARLY state the buyer is 100% responsible for this being what they need.

I'm not saying you were in the wrong for asking, or that he couldn't have handled it better, but there are just too many variables out there (for all sorts of stuff, car parts to guitar parts and everything in between) for a seller to be positive X part will fit Y item.

Unless the ad SPECIFICALLY says X part is for Y item and it doesn't work for that application, then its on the seller.

Sorry ya had a crappy experience.

hot-babes-wallpapers.jpg

Oh my! :love:

• Members
I did all the research I could do to make sure they were the right knobs. Guess I was wrong.

I didn't ask for a refund until he was being a dickhead and refused any help at all. He basically said "{censored} you" and washed his hands of it. Actually, i don't even care about a refund.

I dunno, I bend over backwards to make sure every buyer is happy with the transaction. This guy wouldn't even take the trouble to answer simple questions. I surely can't see giving the guy good feedback.

I'd go neutral and explain why and how the seller acted.

Archived