My City is on fire (literally).....not cool. Pics

gsxrbusa

• Members

Thanks everyone for the mojo and prayers for our city. They evacuated 32,000 last night. My house is a little further east of the evacuation zone, so we are ok for now. We watched the flame front last night from my house, pretty horrific. Made it into work this morning and we are literally feet from the mandatory evacuation zone. Needless to say I may be forced out of work today at some point, not sure. Not sure what transpired yet, the wind changes direction once the sun comes up. We might see a little more at that point. All I know is that all this smoke sucks! everything smells like a campfire (house, cars, outside...ect). My guitar tech is in the evac zone. He Facebooked that every guitar came with him during the mass exodus. He currently has one of my ESP's, lol. I could care less about a {censored}ing guitar, just get the hell outta there!

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Thanks everyone for the mojo and prayers for our city. They evacuated 32,000 last night. My house is a little further east of the evacuation zone, so we are ok for now. We watched the flame front last night from my house, pretty horrific. Made it into work this morning and we are literally feet from the mandatory evacuation zone. Needless to say I may be forced out of work today at some point, not sure. Not sure what transpired yet, the wind changes direction once the sun comes up. We might see a little more at that point. All I know is that all this smoke sucks! everything smells like a campfire (house, cars, outside...ect). My guitar tech is in the evac zone. He Facebooked that every guitar came with him during the mass exodus. He currently has one of my ESP's, lol. I could care less about a {censored}ing guitar, just get the hell outta there!

Jesus, that must be bad. I was gonna ask how things were since this was posted yesterday, but figured Id read through to see if you updated. Good luck man!!

• Members
Jesus, that must be bad. I was gonna ask how things were since this was posted yesterday, but figured Id read through to see if you updated. Good luck man!!

Thanks brother.

My wife asked me if we have to evacuate what we will be taking. I said Peters amps will have shotgun. That did not go over well. :rolleyes::lol:

• Members

Dang dude :eek:

Prayers goin up and hoping this thing is contained and you and your property are ok. Hate it for anyone who's already lost homes or whatever else. :(

And here's to the guy who started it going to the very real and literal pound-me-in-the-ass prison, and somebody setting a figurative uncontained fire to his butthole.

• Members

Best wishes to everyone in harm's way !

Get that evacuation bag packed ! Make a plan, and always have a plan B !

We don't have fires here (much), but we do have hurricanes - and what I learned is...

HAVE NO PRIDE WHEN IT'S TIME TO GET THE HELL OUT !

Good luck and be safe !

• Members
Dudes, my city needs some mojo and prayers. I'm not going to get into much detail, just google it. These pics were taken a few minutes ago from my front porch. Pretty scary {censored}. 0% containment at this point.
:mad::cry:

5654ab45.jpg

7faadb1d.jpg

848cb92c.jpg

a729b5e6.jpg

cf43067e.jpg

I have two friends in the direct line of fire at this point. I'm sure they are ok but worry about there homes. Devastating {censored} if it hits direct.

Mojo sent. That's horrible.

Did you sell a Marshall Mode 4 cab to a guy in KY several mos ago? your user name looks familiar. If so, that was me ha ha.

• Members

Damn, Tom. Best of luck. Mojo sent to your city hopefully your home doesn't get affected. I'm sure it's tense at work...

Thanks brother. It tough to stay focused knowing what's going on around us right now.

• Members

Holy {censored} that's scary.

Its for stuff like this that you should have stuff ready in advanced in case of evacuation. Even before any situation occurs, have important documents and sentimental items (like kid's pictures, etc.) and emergency supplies (like bottled water, some food, etc.) all together in one or two places so in the event of a hasty evacuation you have the most important stuff and are out the door in a minute or two.

If something happened where I needed to evacuate I'd have have everything I'd want to save should the worst happen and everything I need and I'd be gone in 2-3 minutes. Watching people lose a lot of stuff because they didn't prepare and couldn't choose what to save under pressure during the "500 year" flood here a few years ago made me realize how important advanced planning can be.

I hope you and your friends come through safe.

• Members

Holy {censored}. It is really bad out there. :( Stay safe man! I just hope everyone gets out safely!

Wow this is unreal.
We obviously need to develop more sophisticated fire fighting technology.

Outside of figuring out how to conjure up rain, there is pretty much jack {censored} humanity can do when a forest fire gets roaring. They can have some effect on it through burning ahead and stuff like that, but mostly its hope to contain until the winds change/die and rain comes. :(

Archived