pic of my new cab

sleewell

• Members

lulz

so i am pretty sure this is mine. i got an email from Andrew saying he was tolexing it and i should have it shortly. i am dying to play this thing bros.

here it is fellas, Billy style hehehehehehe

2994899950057144850S600x600Q85.jpg

2994899950057144850S600x600Q85.jpg

• 5 weeks later...
  • Members

I don't mean to sound like a dick but is there a specific reason why you're waiting so long for a 4x12 cab when there are loads of other brands of 4x12 cabs that are readily available?

Is there something special/new/proprietary about the Mako design that sets it apart?

Actually, yes...there is. Those wood panels with teeth on the inside are supposed to add density to the cab and add resonance. Plus, its his first run of cabs and hes been bogged down with work.

• Members

I don't mean to sound like a dick but is there a specific reason why you're waiting so long for a 4x12 cab when there are loads of other brands of 4x12 cabs that are readily available?

Is there something special/new/proprietary about the Mako design that sets it apart?

no offense taken. yeah the wait has been brutal. i am sure there are loads of other cabs but i really like my mak4 a lot and really dug Drew's clips of the 112. im not sure if those shark teeth inside really do what Andrew says they do but i do trust that he knows what he is doing so its worth a shot. i am not without a cab and having a matching cab that no one else has ever heard about built by the same guy that built my amp is pretty cool.

im not saying its going to make me any better or its going to be any better than any other cab in that price range. just a fan of mako and wanted to give Andrew my business for how much i love the mak4.

• Members

no offense taken. yeah the wait has been brutal. i am sure there are loads of other cabs but i really like my mak4 a lot and really dug Drew's clips of the 112. im not sure if those shark teeth inside really do what Andrew says they do but i do trust that he knows what he is doing so its worth a shot. i am not without a cab and having a matching cab that no one else has ever heard about built by the same guy that built my amp is pretty cool.

im not saying its going to make me any better or its going to be any better than any other cab in that price range. just a fan of mako and wanted to give Andrew my business for how much i love the mak4.

Cool. Hope you get it soon :)

• Members

thanks guys!!! I played for 1.5 hrs last night and just could not get off the crunch channel, lol, its my favorite. the amp just inspires me to play guitar and is the one of the first things i think about when i get home from work.

i need to stop looking at amps and pedals and get a proper LP!!!

• Members

thanks guys!!! I played for 1.5 hrs last night and just could not get off the crunch channel, lol, its my favorite. the amp just inspires me to play guitar and is the one of the first things i think about when i get home from work.

i need to stop looking at amps and pedals and
get a proper LP
!!!

You'll never go back to work :lol:

It's basically that last key ingredient to top off your rig haha

• Members

damn, the finished cab looks sick! That will be a killer sounding and now killer LOOKING rig
:rawk:

I love the Mako tone and a couple times I started thinking about Raf's until he thankfully sold it. I just wasn't quite ready to dive back in to rack gear haha.

:lol: That thing is an amazing preamp. Id bet large amounts of money that with the right power amp, you would basically live on the crunch channel.

• Members

:lol:
That thing is an amazing preamp. Id bet large amounts of money that with the right power amp, you would basically live on the crunch channel.

I believe you 100% haha.

right now my gear collection is out of control, but the one thing about all of it is that it's all kinda similar. Adding a mongo rackmount preamp would have been rackmount power amp, rack case, etc etc etc :lol:

I sold off the last of my rack gear about 5 years ago, including my last rack case, the furman, and Marshall 9001 preamp.

but you bastids and your damn clips of that thing stomping nut sack still made me consider it :lol:

• Members

I believe you 100% haha.

right now my gear collection is out of control, but the one thing about all of it is that it's all kinda similar. Adding a mongo rackmount preamp would have been rackmount power amp, rack case, etc etc etc

I sold off the last of my rack gear about 5 years ago, including my last rack case, the furman, and Marshall 9001 preamp.

but you bastids and your damn clips of that thing stomping nut sack still made me consider it

hahaha, yeah I hear ya. I tried to avoid it for so long, but I played 3 chords at through it at ampfest and walked away with it lol. It was a bitch to get rid of all that stuff, though...now Im down to super basics...2 guitars, 5150 212 combo, 1 input interface, and a couple of mics that I borrowed from Laura...and my amplug lol. Ill never NEED anything else, but I would LIKE to own another mak4 some time in the future....and now Im gassing for a Carvin V3 after playing one in san diego last friday....{censored} sounded so {censored}ing good lol. Good thing those heads are so cheap haha.

Archived