Trying to decide if I should sell my top cab

guitarbilly74

• Members

I've been playing through my bottom cab only for the last few days and it sounds great. The rig is much more easier to control and I get to open up my amp a lot more with a single cab. I am also getting 4 K-85s from Raf soon, so I was thinking I could load them in my bottom cab and call it a day, instead of having to look for 4 more K85s or doing the x-patern thing on both cabs.

It seems like a logic decision to sell the top cab, but the only issues are I probably won't get too much for it because it's so beat up so I am not sure if it's even worth selling it. I think I will get $200 for it tops. Also, the full stack looks awesome :lol:

wat do? :confused:

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Full stacks scare me. I put so much time and effort into my amps...To see a head with $300 worth of tubes in it teetering on 2 wheely bins always made me paranoid. Esp since I played thrash so stage divers would be staggering around.

I am not metaulz.

• Members

I have 1 more k85 that you are welcome to purchase haha.

But yeah, Id sell it. I dont like slant cabs. I just sold my 2 unloaded butcher cabs in great shape for 70 bucks last night. You probably wont get {censored} for it, but hey, you got both cabs for 250 bucks, so how much complaining can you really do? If you get 150 for it, you basically got a cab for 100 bucks....hell, even if you get 100 bucks for it lol. Or, you can keep it at home and have cabs everywhere.

• Members

Full stacks scare me. I put so much time and effort into my amps...To see a head with $300 worth of tubes in it teetering on 2 wheely bins always made me paranoid. Esp since I played thrash so stage divers would be staggering around.

yeah especially in earthquake-prone L.A. :eek:

• Members

I have 1 more k85 that you are welcome to purchase haha.

But yeah, Id sell it. I dont like slant cabs. I just sold my 2 unloaded butcher cabs in great shape for 70 bucks last night. You probably wont get {censored} for it, but hey, you got both cabs for 250 bucks, so how much complaining can you really do? If you get 150 for it, you basically got a cab for 100 bucks....hell, even if you get 100 bucks for it lol. Or, you can keep it at home and have cabs everywhere.

stop trying to take all my money you sonofabitch :lol:

yeah I got both for 250. And I sold the Legacy cab for $300 so I actually made money when I got these cabs. I guess selling the top one for cheap wouldn't hurt.

• Members

also, would it make sense to keep one at your rehearsal space and one at your house? you want/need a practice rig or already have that covered?

We rent the rehearsal space by the hour so we don't keep any gear there. My practice rig is my full stack :lol:

• Members

Side by side, on the ground. Either get a set of casters, or take the set off and make it even. Turn it up even more for the lack of apparent db's because the speakers are blowing at your knees/ass. :lol:

Of course, now you have one slant and one straight next to each other, and that won't look good.

The Anomaly runs out of the room :lol:

• Members

hey billy, did you know raf is selling his mako? you should buy it!!!!

I've noticed this, and if I had the money, it would already be sold :cry:

Billy, just sell the top one dude...1 cab is plenty, and you'll always have the pics to remind us that your cabs are epic indeed :)

• Members

Prediction.. Now that you don't have both cabs, you'll realize one beat up Laney cab with marginal Celestion speakers isn't really that good either, compared to what you've had in the past.. Soon that'd be on the chopping block. So since you need matching gear (and don't call it OCD, unless you go around doing crazy little compulsive things on more than just matching gear!lol) the Laney head will be next.. Since Marshall cabs are easiest and most common to find, you'll get a Marshall cab and end up with an 800 this time.. And truthfully, you'll prolly be better off! The madness continues... :-)

• Members

Prediction.. Now that you don't have both cabs, you'll realize one beat up Laney cab with marginal Celestion speakers isn't really that good either, compared to what you've had in the past.. Soon that'd be on the chopping block. So since you need matching gear (and don't call it OCD, unless you go around doing crazy little compulsive things on more than just matching gear!lol) the Laney head will be next.. Since Marshall cabs are easiest and most common to find, you'll get a Marshall cab and end up with an 800 this time.. And truthfully, you'll prolly be better off! The madness continues... :-)

Hmm...I think I might agree with the entirety of this post :lol:

Archived