Trying to decide if I should sell my top cab

guitarbilly74

• Members

I'd keep it. For $200, it's not worth selling. Plus, you never know when another cab might come in handy.

yeah I put some ads out, let's see what happens. I'm good if I sell it and I'm good if I don't. The full stack is really awesome, it's too bad I don't normally play venues that are large enough to use it properly. I have been using it mostly as a stage prop with only the bottom cab connected :lol:

It does look great on stage though! That alone is worth the price.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
yeah I put some ads out, let's see what happens. I'm good if I sell it and I'm good if I don't. The full stack is really awesome, it's too bad I don't normally play venues that are large enough to use it properly. I have been using it mostly as a stage prop with only the bottom cab connected
:lol:
It does look great on stage though! That alone is worth the price.

I'd keep it then... if you could unload it without it being obvious there aren't speakers it would make it easier to haul... full stacks look cool, especially when they're well beaten.

• Members

I'd keep it then... if you could unload it without it being obvious there aren't speakers it would make it easier to haul... full stacks look cool, especially when they're well beaten.

Yeah I agree. I could sell the speakers separately and pretty much get the same amount I am asking for the cab... hmmmm...

• Members

A full stack looks cool, but I like a half stack w a straight cab. With my Marshalls..I like a single 16 ohm cab & my head set @ 16 ohms. Running 2 cabs, I'd have to set the head @ 8 ohms. The 16 ohm setting sounds better (to my ears) than @ 8 ohms. Sounds more "full" & defined (to me)

• Members

I've been debating all day long on this. I don't really need a 4x12, but the price and delivery (I live in LA area) keeps me thinking. Not to mention my old lady doesn't mind if I pull the trigger... but she's the perfect woman so that doesn't help me make rational decisions.

Archived