There is a white elefant in the room

guitarbilly74

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Easier to link then to cliff note. (Obviously not!)

Noob comes out swinging in necro "Remember Thee Hammer?" thread, blasting Knucklefux. Snax all around, with some "Who are you" thrown in. Thread gets locked.

Appears here, doesn't really address anything, then seems to vamoose.

Oh, wait, he wanted us to sign up for his forum to follow the links to the threads. Fortunately, there are already members of HCAF that are members there, so I'm thinking anything pertinent will probably be summarized eventually.

• Members

Indeed, it was. And I assume that now that you recognize you had a "poor idea" aka theft, you want to make things right and you are in contact with Mr. Soldano to attempt to compensate him for the 1000s of copies of his design that were illegally lifted off your website, yes?

While you think how to answer this question. Please also explain why did you choose fake name and address to register your domain. Unless of course, you are indeed Satan.

http://who.godaddy.com/whois.aspx?domain=slocloneforums.com&prog_id=GoDaddy

Registrant:

Satan Mephistopheles

666 Hades Court

Hell, Michigan 48169

United States

Registered through: GoDaddy.com, LLC (http://www.godaddy.com)

Domain Name: SLOCLONEFORUMS.COM

Created on: 27-Oct-10

Expires on: 27-Oct-12

Last Updated on: 27-Oct-10

After all this is answered, I would love to hear YOUR definition of "legitimate"

Best regards,

Billy.

• Members

So a {censored} basket skids into the forum to attack Zack because he had to actually learn how to work on amps.. I don't think anyone was born with a soldering iron in their hand.. Everyone has to start somewhere.. I'd rather have a Titan than a {censored} basket amp, but I might be biased..

• Members

Please provide us with the authorization Mike Soldano gave you to clone his amp and make a website about it. Thanks.

Did Marshall have the authorization to clone Leo Fenders designs? Or for that matter, did Leo Fender have the authorization to use and modify radio designs?

Look, these kinds of things can't be copywritten as far as I know. They are all loosely based on an existing design, some of them being direct copies...That's just the way the amp world has always worked.

Now...I'll agree with you on the calling the site "SLOClone" because it's very clear what it's related to...Perhaps "amp clones" or something would have made more sense...

But if you're going to grill this guy on copying designs, you better start writing to Marshall Amplification, Fender, Bogner, Metro Amps, etc, etc, etc... :)

• Members

Appears here, doesn't really address anything, then seems to vamoose.

Oh, wait, he wanted us to sign up for his forum to follow the links to the threads. Fortunately, there are already members of HCAF that are members there, so I'm thinking anything pertinent will probably be summarized eventually.

one was a thread i started back in '08 when i was building as a hobby. it was probably a "halp" thread i started when i did my first amp ever.

one was a thread all about mods, also discussed before i started selling amps, where a lot of the things that i do took shape.

one was a thread started by the guy that was working on what was clint's amp after i sent it out.

so, of the three threads he posted, one was actually about a "titan" that didn't work properly.

i was going to post the whole story, but the thread got locked before i could.

here goes:

the amp was sent to me for a new headshell and to check the clean channel EQ not working. i wasn't asked to look at anything else, or check anything.

while i had it apart, i beefed up the OT mounting hardware and got rid of it's gangsta lean. the clean channel EQ worked fine, and i didn't notice anything else while i had it. note: i didn't really spend any time looking for problems, and the one that was reported wasn't a problem.

the new owner gets it, and has some issues retubing it, so takes it to a guy to see what's up. this guy finds other problems and starts the thread on sloclone about it looking for help. this is one of my early amps, and some of the issues were related to me being a noob. i've changed these things, but didn't think to update this amp while i had it since i thought i worked fine. had i been made aware of any other issues, i'd have addressed them.

the guy got it all sorted out, and everything's kosher with the amp now.

in hindsight, i should have given the amp a thorough examination. had i done that, none of this drama would have happened. that's most certainly my bad, and won't happen again.

i think that's all of it.

that's my summary, with all relevant info that i'm aware of included.

at this point, i think all parties involved are going to let it go. :wave:

• Members

Did Marshall have the authorization to clone Leo Fenders designs? Or for that matter,
did Leo Fender have the authorization to use and modify radio designs
?

Look, these kinds of things can't be copywritten as far as I know. They are all loosely based on an existing design, some of them being direct copies...That's just the way the amp world has always worked.

to the bolded part, yes. RCA released schematics as public domain to help the development of new stuff, and so increase tube sales :thu:

• Members

Did Marshall have the authorization to clone Leo Fenders designs? Or for that matter, did Leo Fender have the authorization to use and modify radio designs?

Now...I'll agree with you on the calling the site "SLOClone" because it's very clear what it's related to...Perhaps "amp clones" or something would have made more sense...

But if you're going to grill this guy on copying designs, you better start writing to Marshall Amplification, Fender, Bogner, Metro Amps, etc, etc, etc...
:)

I am not grilling anyone. I just raised the same questions he raised about Zack.

• Members

that was my understanding, but since i've been left out of the loop on the whole thing, i don't really know what's going on with it. how could i?

if you've got such a problem with me, why not talk to me directly instead of trying to make me look bad?

• Members

that was my understanding, but since i've been left out of the loop on the whole thing, i don't really know what's going on with it. how could i?

if you've got such a problem with me, why not talk to me directly instead of trying to make me look bad?

I don't think YOU are the one that looks bad here :lol:

Archived