wow this site is unusable!!

guitarbilly74

• Members

Sometimes if you click a link and it doesn't load, you can click it again and it will show right up. This has been happening for a few weeks now...it's frustrating but it's a work around.

That said, it doesn't work ALL the time...which means MF needs to stop messing with {censored}...This hasn't been a problem since they put us back online after 2.0...What the hell did they do now :facepalm:

• Members

Something is utterly jacked. There's some java process bull{censored} going on on page loads and if a page fails, it leaves that process stranded in the background. At least it does on my machine. Luckily, I'm on a *nix so all I have to do is killall -9 java and it cleans it up, but my whole system was crawling until I figured out WTF was going on.

They're probably trying to figure out how to push more ads or some {censored}. I'm not an advocate of throwing hardware at a situation, but I think HC may have hit the point where it's their only choice if they're going to try adding more "features."

• Members

this site being a total piece of {censored} makes me work more, im going to have a huge month this month and that means new gear and home imrovements and being closer to a new car. it sucks yes that i cant waste more time here but its actually a good thing long term.

• Members

I would suggest that someone with a good dedicated server clone this forum completely. Clone the colors and clone the forum names exactly as they are. Call it Melody Central. Make it feel like the same HC, but actually working. Set up the review section like it used to be. Then announce it here and begin the mass exodus. I would do it myself, but my servers are not up to that level. You would need a dedicated, managed solution which would likely cost in the neighborhood of $300 per month. Anyone up for it?

• Members

I would suggest that someone with a good dedicated server clone this forum completely. Clone the colors and clone the forum names exactly as they are. Call it Melody Central. Make it feel like the same HC, but actually working. Set up the review section like it used to be. Then announce it here and begin the mass exodus. I would do it myself, but my servers are not up to that level. You would need a dedicated, managed solution which would likely cost in the neighborhood of $300 per month. Anyone up for it?

Here you go, anyone who wants to do it. BTW, this is an excellent hosting company...Used them for years. :thu:

http://www.inmotionhosting.com/dedicated_servers.html

BTW, I prefer Dissonance Central :o

:lol: Matches up with the personalities here quite well :lol:

Archived