Anyone ever tune to drop Eb?

Nick H

• Members

There are newer ones?(Mine are from 2-4 years ago) I havent been able to find any replacement parts for them in a while.

I have that same trem and have had no issues (not saying you don't) but I wouldn't be surprised if the issue had something to do with you/ your setup. What parts are you looking for? I see used ones on eBay pretty often.

• Members

I tuned up to F one time, i.e. a half step up. It was novel. I took it back down the next day, it was just like going from Eb to E: not really a big deal. It's a different feel from a capo on the first though, just like playing in half-step-down with a capo on the first is not the same as standard.

• Members

Hmmmm,............ kinda defeats the point of drop tunning if you first tune up entire Guitar then drop the E String
:facepalm:

No it doesn't. One fret power chords (the purpose) + different key than with "regular" drop tunings.

• Members
I have that same trem and have had no issues (not saying you don't) but I wouldn't be surprised if the issue had something to do with you/ your setup. What parts are you looking for? I see used ones on eBay pretty often.

The level at which the trem floats has been really inconsistent (I have been using the same gauge strings)
Over time grooves developed in the saddles of the high 3 strings (my fault due to overtightening). Since I couldnt find any replacement saddles, I just bought a whole used trem on ebay to use for parts. But the one I got had the same problem with the saddles :facepalm::mad:. However the saddles for the low 3 strings were fine sow I tried to use those. There are 3 kinds of saddles in the trem (low,medium, and high positions, or 1,2 and 3, some have numbers, some dont.) May I also add that the ones I bought were not identical to the ones in my guitar, but were close. Basicly after that, I tried to just replace the parts but got confused, since there was no way to know which pieces went where. I tried a number of combinations/positions, and every time the guitar would sound a bit off (not the pitch, I know how to setup the positions of the saddles to make the guitar in tune), as in one of the low string would sound way louder than the others. I changed the strings, string gauges, etc. nothing changed. Eventually I did get the saddles in the right place and the guitar sounded normal again, but holy {censored} :freak: (Total noob problem I realize, but still.)
There is also alot of ware on the posts where the trem touches, causing the string height not to adjust like it used to.
Long story short, just use OFRs.

• Members

This seems perfectly reasonable.

Drop D but not quite as br00tz

This is exactly what Im saying. It just has a unique sound to it and I didnt know if anyone had ever used it before, what is wrong with that?

Archived