Epic new double sig amp day.

Tommy Horrible

• Members

First impressions of each.

The 2203KK through a MF400 with the volume at less than 1. {censored}ing awesome. Soounds like Slayer pretty much hahaha. With out the beast it sounds like a really great 800 with more low and grind than a EL34 2203. With the beast engaged it's pretty much the perfect thrash tone, a tone I've chased forever being a huge Slayer fan. I gotta start working on my crossover band and again now fuuuuu

The EVH 5153 through a greenback load Marhshall 1960a at less than one on the volume. It sounds like like a way fatter less fizzy 5150 with better clarity. This the widest sound amp I've heard with the most thumpy low end I've ever heard outside of the quick rod. Kids are going to {censored} a brick when the hear this and quick rod together in my studio . I've finally found the quick rods studio companion. These things are both pure ear candy for heavy guitar tones. Both have total shock and awe factor.

I can't wait to crank these up, my wife told me to shut it down for the day because my 7 month old is sleeping. He's going to get cro-mags concert tommorow though lol

• Members

According to jvm owners here the jvm can cop the KK tone.

Mine couldn't
:lol:

Man, I loved that JVM for a time. I did probably 30 shows with that {censored}er between 2007 and 2009. But at the time all I had was a TSL 100 to compare it with. It's to bright and thin now IMO. No the JVM doesn't sound like the KK IMO. JVM sounds like a Mark IV on crack IMO.

Archived