Ah, this looks and sounds muchhhhhhhhhhh better. NCD

Tommy Horrible

• Members

Years ago, I went amp shopping with a buddy of mine who is a good player, but he really had no idea about amps or tone.. He'll just basically play anything.. Do his standard eq settings and so on.. Anyway the budget was $800.. Tried a bunch of $500 heads into cheap cabs and it sounded like {censored}.. Then I spotted that Exact cab you got, hidden away in the corner.. It looked like someone was trying to hide it away. Maybe a GC employee or a customer who didn't have the cash.. $450 used. Grabbed the one SS head that sounded ok and was in the budget(a b52 something) and it made a world of difference.. I actually jammed on his rig just a few Weeks ago and it really sounds great. And I know the cab is making it sound a good as it does..

• Members

Years ago, I went amp shopping with a buddy of mine who is a good player, but he really had no idea about amps or tone.. He'll just basically play anything.. Do his standard eq settings and so on.. Anyway the budget was $800.. Tried a bunch of $500 heads into cheap cabs and it sounded like {censored}.. Then I spotted that Exact cab you got, hidden away in the corner.. It looked like someone was trying to hide it away. Maybe a GC employee or a customer who didn't have the cash.. $450 used. Grabbed the one SS head that sounded ok and was in the budget(a b52 something) and it made a world of difference.. I actually jammed on his rig just a few Weeks ago and it really sounds great. And I know the cab is making it sound a good as it does..

That's so funny, that's exactly where this cab was. Shoved in the corner hidden away behind a ton of cheap bull{censored} like someone was trying to hide it. That most be the guitar center employee layaway program lol, Sorry GC duder I found it.

• Members

What cab are you using with the 5153?

The matching one. I've tried it with a friend's OS recto cab and it sounded awesome too, but there's something about the matching cab that can't be beat with this head IMO. It's almost as if they were made for each other!! :lol:

Edit: Like this. And wow is the iPhone 3g camera ever bad with indoor lighting :lol:

img0117ee.jpg

• Members

The matching one. I've tried it with a friend's OS recto cab and it sounded awesome too, but there's something about the matching cab that can't be beat with this head IMO. It's almost as if they were made for each other!!
:lol:

Well they were, hahahaha

I wasn't ready to shell out that much $$$ though right now though especially since this also sounds dope as {censored} with and matches my favorite the Mark IV. I've had a run of {censored} lately,(2203kk, 5153, this cab) and I need to sell some {censored} off for my own sanity before I buy anymore {censored}. I think by selling the few amps i have in the amp thread, and dumping 3 or 4 cabs to I'm on way to consolidating and upgrading my collection of stuff.

• Members

looks great man! I wish I can run a 4x12. Im too much of a wuss ot carry one around
:lol:

This was the heaviest {censored}ing cab I've ever carried. This thing is too pretty, it's never leaving my basement studio. I'll use it to record bands and my self, and that's it. My 34 year old back dreads the thought of lugging that bitch back up a flight of stairs.

• Members

Well they were, hahahaha

I wasn't ready to shell out that much $$$ though right now though especially since this also sounds dope as {censored} with and matches my favorite the Mark IV. I've had a run of {censored} lately,(2203kk, 5153, this cab) and I need to sell some {censored} off for my own sanity before I buy anymore {censored}. I think by selling the few amps i have in the amp thread, and dumping 3 or 4 cabs to I'm on way to consolidating and upgrading my collection of stuff.

Well it's not like the Mesa isn't a super nice cab anyway. They sound awesome together so I'd just be happy with it. If you happen to see a good price on the matching cab and have spare cash laying around then snatch it, but otherwise don't sweat it.

• Members

This was the heaviest {censored}ing cab I've ever carried. This thing is too pretty, it's never leaving my basement studio. I'll use it to record bands and my self, and that's it. My 34 year old back dreads the thought of lugging that bitch back up a flight of stairs.

That'll make a sweet studio cab!

I'm on the same page with my back problems.!

• Members

Well it's not like the Mesa isn't a super nice cab anyway. They sound awesome together so I'd just be happy with it. If you happen to see a good price on the matching cab and have spare cash laying around then snatch it, but otherwise don't sweat it.

Is the 5153 wider than its matching cab? Almost looks like it in your pic.

Archived