Pics from the Steve Vai show last night - AWESOME performance!!!

Sheik_Yerbouti

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Very cool Sheik looks like a blast

Im a fan, (just not a giant fan) of Vai but it looks like it was a blast, did he play alot of older stuff? newer? and YES Steve Morse can play his ass off -- how did you manage to take those pics of Morse without looking like a crazy stalker

:lol:

Steve Morse can play better with his feet than me. However, I simply loathe his vibrato. That does not mean its bad... I just cannot stand it. I cannot bring myself to listen to him for long. Saw him with DP years ago and it was even more prominent live. But I still concede that he can play better with his feet than I can with my hands.

• Members

Steve is the man, nice pics!

Nice pic's, Vai is quite the showman......who's playing the Friedman amp?
:cop:

I'm assuming its Dave Weiner, the rhythm guitarist. Helluva player too, he's put out a few albums himself that are killer.

• Members

Nice pictures.

I just got the new album from HDTracks and while I like it I guess I expected a little more considering the wait. I just always expect to hear something I've never heard from Vai every time around and this time seems a rehash of earlier albums. There is ONE BIG GIANT TURD of a song right in the middle (can't remember what it's called) that starts off as a pseudo-78 rpm delta blues thing then explodes into a pile of the busiest, oddest, and headache inducing metal/gospel thing. REALLY think that's a song that could've been {censored}canned. But as always, the album is mostly terrific other than that...great production, tones, playing etc.

• Members

See that looks like fun. The only shredder/soloist type concert I've ever been to was Yngwie, and after about 15 minutes, I wanted to leave. It was boring as {censored}. This looks far more interesting.

Vai is a VASTLY more entertaining and interesting live show than Yngwie ever dreamed of being. His music is much more varied and less monotonous, and he's really just a much better all-around entertainer. I've never left a Vai show not having had a great time. If you get the chance, check him out, he's always worth the price of admission, IMO!

• Members

Holy {censored}.
:lol:
I even looked at those pics twice, and I
still
thought
"I've never heard of a dude with the name Beverly..."

Yeah, we met her after the show, and she's really nice, and talented as hell, but she doesn't exactly do a great job of dispelling lesbian stereotypes. :lol:

• Members

Nice pictures.

I just got the new album from HDTracks and while I like it I guess I expected a little more considering the wait. I just always expect to hear something I've never heard from Vai every time around and this time seems a rehash of earlier albums. There is ONE BIG GIANT TURD of a song right in the middle (can't remember what it's called) that starts off as a pseudo-78 rpm delta blues thing then explodes into a pile of the busiest, oddest, and headache inducing metal/gospel thing. REALLY think that's a song that could've been {censored}canned. But as always, the album is mostly terrific other than that...great production, tones, playing etc.

John the revelator and the book of seals etc. {censored} for me too, though some other songs and stuff he does in this album I really liked and they feel a bit passion and warfare nostalgic in the good sense. Didn't jive with his sound though, Vai-ish as always but he is missing that hi fi clarity he usually has. He might have gone for a thicker sound? I don't know. Something isn't there.

Glad to see Bynoe back on bass too. A monster bassist. I like his style very much and his sound even better than the bmmmm ratta ratta distorted thing that his predecessor (yep that failed guitarist turned legendary bassist from Mr big!)!

Looked like an awesome concert. Vai is the only one that deserves the title broadway shredder or something.

• Members

That's Dave Weiner's rig. Steve's been playing with Weiner for years, now.
:o

:badump::lol:

Yeah Vai puts on a killer show each and every time. I've seen him twice and was not disappointed.

And it looks like his Legacy I's are still his go to amps. Those 2 Legacy III's he had looked like they were only on the clean channels.

Archived