Getting some custom wood burning done on a guitar i made (Alien movie related)

atrox

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by atrox

View Post

color? it's natural wood

I call anything with a finish on it color, so the color of that natural wood finish you have is hideous. Just like the first PRS I played, just like the Jackson at the repair shop. Natural wood still has a color.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Quote Originally Posted by Kardula

View Post

I call anything with a finish on it color, so the color of that natural wood finish you have is hideous. Just like the first PRS I played, just like the Jackson at the repair shop. Natural wood still has a color.

weird, but thanks for digging the at :the:

Quote Originally Posted by King Loudness

View Post

You mean to tell me it's not done and he's going to make it BETTER than that? Holy hell dude, that looks absolutely killer as it stands now!

W.

I know! Cant wait for him to finish

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Members

I'm really stoked. I have been without that guitar since late July, but it's soooo worth it. Besides, I have been keeping my bass player (the guy doing the burning) busy learning these songs for our Pink Floyd cover set we doing tomorrow night. I'll let him slide wink.gif

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by knucklefux

View Post

i'm not a huge fan of the alien movies or anything, but i'd rock that simply because it's an absolute work of art.

also, why was the ballzack view selected? freak.gificon_lol.gif

Ha. It just fit the contours nicely. I doubt anyone will be concerned about the lacking xenocock

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by ~Abstract~

View Post

Is he taking orders?

What would something like that cost someone?

I don't think so. He does for the love of having a project to do.

He's refusing any compensation i offer him other than work on his basses and whatnot. I may just build him a new one anyway and make him take it.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by atrox

View Post

I don't think so. He does for the love of having a project to do.

He's refusing any compensation i offer him other than work on his basses and whatnot. I may just build him a new one anyway and make him take it.

When he's done with yours, I may have another project for him to love. As long as he continues to refuse compensation, this seems just about perfect.

icon_lol.gif

Srsly. I'd love to have him put my sons face on a guitar. But "months" sounds expensive. Free guitar sounds expensive too.

But the work is incredible. thumb.gif

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by ~Abstract~

View Post

When he's done with yours, I may have another project for him to love. As long as he continues to refuse compensation, this seems just about perfect.

icon_lol.gif

Srsly. I'd love to have him put my sons face on a guitar. But "months" sounds expensive. Free guitar sounds expensive too.

But the work is incredible. thumb.gif

I'll certainly ask him. I'm sure he would charge, but he'd do it cheaper than you would think though i'm sure. Yes... it may take months. He is very busy with his kid and his business.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived