Getting some custom wood burning done on a guitar i made (Alien movie related)

atrox

• Members

I built this Strat a few years ago for myself. I used a maple top, mahogany body, ebony board, etc. My bass player is an amazing artist and after seeing a few wood burnings he has done, I commissioned this.

Work in progress, but it's looking pretty sweet I think. I'll post updates as they come.

gigersmall.jpg

EDIT: UPDATE

nov20.jpg
love.gif

Edit: Done
IMG_5069%20copy.jpg
IMG_5068%20copy.jpg

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Quote Originally Posted by Blakkwater

View Post

wow. that's tremendous precision for woodburning. what kinda tools does he use?

Not sure. His wife bought him some cheapo set a few years back and he was doing almost photorealistic renderings with that, so he bought an expensive set

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by Y0UNGBL00D View Post
completely awesome way to defile a pretty top cop.gif

awesome though. was expecting biomechanical bull{censored} that all the kids get on their ibbys or tattoed on their arms "like its totally ripping out my skin, bro!"
eeewwww.

I have tops prettier than that sitting around. I figured if it went wrong (and i know it won't, because he's a ridiculous artist), i could just plane off that top and put another one on.

Also, I have pretty good taste, i wouldnt allow such ugly stuff on my guitars

• Members

Thats a very nice top to be doing that to cry.gif

Though nice quilt tops are nearly a dime a dozen so having something unique that no one else will have is thumb.gif for him to have that kind of detail with it is amazing.

But you have to have him do a guitar with predator on it now icon_lol.gif

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by metalguy View Post
Thats a very nice top to be doing that to cry.gif

Though nice quilt tops are nearly a dime a dozen so having something uni
I'm not a fan of quilt tops, i chose that because it was the least figured of my tops sitting around (that fit anyway). Once i oiled it, the figure went insane. I don't mind messing up a quilt top. Nope. I do like the way the varying colors in the top interact with the shading though!

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by atrox View Post
I built this Strat a few years ago for myself. I used a maple top, mahogany body, ebony board, etc. My bass player is an amazing artist and after seeing a few wood burnings he has done, I commissioned this.

Work in progress, but it's looking pretty sweet I think. I'll post updates as they come.

gigersmall.jpg

love.gif
Damn I hate that color on guitars but I'll be damned if that picture on it doesn't add the perfect amount of contrast. Looks amazing.

Archived