Seymour Duncan pickups comparison video

guitarbilly74

• Members

59/custom hybrid is the clear winner for me

Alt 8 is the least usable to me, even over the over-the-top dimebucker

I actually liked the EMTY blackout quite a bit too, but I just don't do actives. I'm assuming it'll lack touch-sensitivity and dynamics like just about every active ever

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
The JB and 59 custom were my faves. The Full Shred is a killer pick up also. I have two guitars with a Full Shred in them.

Yeah. It's crazy, but after listening to this demo, I'm now thinking of taking the Distortion back out of my Hamer & putting the JB it came with originally back in. :freak::lol:

• Members

To bad that the samples weren't in standard E tuning on a 6 string guitar.

That low farty style that's popular; to me; doesn't do a good job representing the pickups (just certain EQ ranges).

I love my old Universe, but this spastic downtuned noodlery is just hideous as a demo to my ears. :/

• Members

Based off that style and that tuning, I would say the clear winner for me was the '59/Custom Hybrid, then the Distortion. As far as the actives go, the Gus G. was the best sounding to my ears. At first I was liking the Blackout Metal, but I started to hear an annoying overtone that really distracted me... So it is out (based on this video).

On my list of yucks for this video:

JB, Full Shred, Alternative 8 (mucho yucko), and EMTY Blackout

I would have liked to have heard the Custom 5 and Custom/Custom though...

EDIT: I was surprised by the Invader... I thought it would have been a lot muddier for that style and tuning... I liked it more than the majority :idk:

Cole

• Members

On this not, hes got this comparison between duncans and BKP...I like the distortion the best out of these 4. Maybe I should try that pickup at some point.

You haven't tried a Distortion yet? They are seriously pretty kick ass! You should try to score a used one and give it a spin! I loved the way it sounded in my LTD MH-1000, that being said I loved the Rio Grande Crunchbox more (not that the Distortion is lacking in any way, it seriously :rawk:)

Cole

Archived