Oh man, Gibson have finally come up with a new guitar that looks awesome.

Marshredder

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by LaXu View Post
It's a doublecut with one horn elongated a bit. Not iconic, different or even executed as well as so many other brands have. I still believe Gibson doesn't have an actual R&D team, just some monkeys picking features randomly.
Funny since you play a Gibson ripoff done very poorly.

Where is the R&D team for whatever brand made the gaudy thing in your avatar?

Gibson is trying and from this thread it appears won some people over with the new design. Obviously it came from somewhere.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Quote Originally Posted by PhxdB View Post
What does Fender have that's new? It's still just Strat's and Teles. I just haven't seen them attempt as much tacky and gimicky stuff as Gibson.

And wow!! Is that stuff ugly!! I remember most of that stuff coming out. I don't think any of those were big sellers! redface.gif
Yeah I don't see Fender doing anything revolutionary either and they shouldn't. Gibson and Fender are classic brands and that's the way their customers want they to be.

And yeah, they had their fair share of ugly guitars but again the vast majority of their guitars are awesome, unlike some brands that currently have 90% of their lines covered in abalone. I've owned Gibsons from pretty much every decade from the 70's til now (can't afford 50's and 60' guitars icon_lol.gif) and they all have been great. I currently own a '94 and a '04 and they are great guitars and everything I expect a Gibson to be. Most of the Gibsons I try at stores are also really good. To be honest, the only place I "see" the issues with Gibson is the internet. Gibson bashing is kinda like FarmVille or something, just internet stuff that has no effect in real life.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by PhxdB View Post
Classy. I like it!

Reminds me of some of the PRS double cuts minus the heavy flame jobs.
Not sure I understand what you mean about "flame jobs". I'm sure you know this but it probably bears mentioning. Flame, bird's eye and quilted maple all reference the natural grain of the particular board they use, no special technique is used for that grain wood verses plain grained wood. (even plain grained wood is bookmatched in most of the guitars I have seen).

Archived