My state just legalized the recreational use of marijuana

spawnofthesith

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by chrispsullivan

View Post

How is California not the first one to do this? Now I'm thinking of transferring to Western Washington University. icon_lol.gif

growers were the biggest opponent of the last marijuana legalization ballot in cali.

it was all about how the bill was written.

also, if you look into how co and wa are taxing it. it gets taxed something like 25% 3 times. once when the grower sells to the distributor, once when the distributor sells to the shops, and once when the shops sell to the customer. some people would be against that.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Quote Originally Posted by NeloAngelo

View Post

growers were the biggest opponent of the last marijuana legalization ballot in cali.

it was all about how the bill was written.

also, if you look into how co and wa are taxing it. it gets taxed something like 25% 3 times. once when the grower sells to the distributor, once when the distributor sells to the shops, and once when the shops sell to the customer. some people would be against that.

So lemme get this straight: If it's sold from grower to distributor at $10 per gram, then it's $12.50 per gram. When the distributor sells to the shop, it's $15.63 per gram. Then, the shop sells it to the customer, and it's $19.54 a gram. That's kinda {censored}ed up. idn_smilie.gif

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by nerol1st

View Post

As someone who doesn't partake, I feel that taxing it is the only sensible thing to do. Get us the {censored} out of debt...

Except it won't because those in charge can't balance a {censored}ing checkbook.

This. Plus I don't trust them to spend it on things to better the state or fix the debt.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by NeloAngelo

View Post

well tobacco actually kills. willie nelson and snoop are still alive and in good health (well, snoop lost his {censored}ing mind recently), and vaporizing is becoming the new norm.

It's been proven that marijuana smoke causes cancer just like tobacco. The most potent carcinogen in tobacco (benzopyrene) is present in even greater amounts in marijuana. Mauijuana studies also show that besides lung and heart related illnesses there is a much increased risk for testicular cancer in men.

I personally could care less if they legalize marijuana. I just think it's pretty hypocritical to act like they want to stop smoking because of it's health related issues then turn around and legalize marijuana that is as dangerous as tobacco if not more dangerous.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by jlb32

View Post

It's been proven that marijuana smoke causes cancer just like tobacco. The most potent carcinogen in tobacco (benzopyrene) is present in even greater amounts in marijuana. Mauijuana studies also show that besides lung and heart related illnesses there is a much increased risk for testicular cancer in men.

I personally could care less if they legalize marijuana. I just think it's pretty hypocritical to act like they want to stop smoking because of it's health related issues then turn around and legalize marijuana that is as dangerous as tobacco if not more dangerous.

Meanwhile, Tommy Chong cured his prostate cancer with Hemp Oil...

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Spaced Out Ace

View Post

Meanwhile, Tommy Chong cured his prostate cancer with Hemp Oil...

Tommy Chong also quit smoking marijauna because of health issues. His cancer is slow stage one cancer. He's not cured, he's just not advanced stages. Really no proof the hemp oil is doing anything yet. It would be cool if it did cure him though but taking hemp oil isn't smoking marijuana.

• Members

Here's what's going to happen. The Feds will literally do nothing until this is actually implemented. They will step in with the DEA and their legal team once it actually starts getting sold in stores. The DEA will do nothing about personal use. They do not have the resources to prosecute individuals for personal use, and they never have. It simply means that the state and local law enforcement agencies are going to stop bothering folks for smoking a little bit of weed.

• Members

You have to do {censored} to opium to make it cocaine? You have to do {censored} to opium to make it morphine and heroin, bro...

Yes your right,I am working to many hours lately. I was just watching a show about the cocoa plant and mixed it up:facepalm:

Archived