Guys who cook, get in here.

Casey

• Members

I'm relatively new to cooking. One my ex's used to make this bacon-wrapped shrimp that was so awesome. It involved some simple mix of garlic and butter, and involved a broiler, but again, as I am new to cooking I don't know exactly how I should do it. Can anyone think something up for me?

I have the fresh garlic, butter, bacon (thick-cut freshly butchered), gulf shrimp, and every spice you could imagine. Onion too if that matters. I love onions, raw, cooked whatever. Tell me how to do this! Thank you! Standing by!

• Members

Here's how I'd do it:

Cook the bacon about half way in frying pan. Remove, set aside....it should look, uh, not done.

Add some butter (2-3 TblSp?) to the bacon fat, get it rolling. Add the shrimp on med/hi heat and saute 3-4 minutes. Add chopped garlic with about 1 1/2 minutes left....fry/saute garlic too long and it gets bitter.

Remove shrimp, wrap in bacon. Place under a broiler, check often and rotate as necessary to finish cooking the bacon on all sides. Place all on a platter, pour the bacon grease, butter, garlic over the top...

Eat.

• Members

I like to eat bacon wrapped shrimp like this...

Marinade the raw, peeled shrimp in brown sugar+garlic+ginger+soy sauce+green onion then wrap it in some peppered bacon and thread it onto a skewer and grill until the bacon is done. I like to brush the whole kebab in the marinade while it's cooking too...

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Casey

View Post

I'm relatively new to cooking. One my ex's used to make this bacon-wrapped shrimp that was so awesome. It involved some simple mix of garlic and butter, and involved a broiler, but again, as I am new to cooking I don't know exactly how I should do it. Can anyone think something up for me?

I have the fresh garlic, butter, bacon (thick-cut freshly butchered), gulf shrimp, and every spice you could imagine. Onion too if that matters. I love onions, raw, cooked whatever. Tell me how to do this! Thank you! Standing by!

mother{censored} yes. adding this to thanksgiving.

Archived