Who here is still a fan of Metallica even if its not cool to be a fan anymore?

Slaymoar

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Quote Originally Posted by RaceU4her

View Post

its statements like this that are always coming out of metallica fans that make them look really silly idn_smilie.gif

brother I am so concerned about what I look like to you. You just changed my life with this statement. So yes, go ahead and feel important. You deserve it.

btw, I'm not a big fanboi or anything. It's not one of my top 10 bands, but I like them, always have. I am not a hater though. Big difference.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by guitarbilly74

View Post

brother I am so concerned about what I look like to you. You just changed my life with this statement. So yes, go ahead and feel important. You deserve it.

btw, I'm not a big fanboi or anything. It's not one of my top 10 bands, but I like them, always have. I am not a hater though. Big difference.

you look like such a dork right now, ha

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by RSBro

View Post

I still like the stuff from them I always liked. idn_smilie.gif

I just bought the Cunning Stunts DVD not too long ago b/c I only had it on VHS. That was about the end of the road for me, honestly. I used to think S&M was mmkay, but I go back and listen now and it's pretty horrible (except for the fact that they played the FULL VERSION of MoP and the orchestration on that actually sounded kinda cool IMredface.gif).

So, yeah. I listen "up" to Load and that's it.

I thought S&M was patchy. About 1/4 of the songs sounded good, 1/4 sounded meh, and 1/2 was {censored}. And in pretty direct correlation to the age of the songs. The older ones were served a lot better than the Black and post-Black material.

• Members

I am. I think they're awesome. I love the old stuff. They're probably influenced almost every metal band in the 90's. They were the biggest band of thrash metal in the 80's. They were huge before they were even on the radio. I can understand if people don't like them now with their newer stuff. There is no way you can go back and look at their stuff from the 80's and say they sucked. No way. As I said, I bet almost every metal band was influenced by them. Hell, the first song Jack Johnson learned to play on guitar was "One." For people to look back at their stuff and say they suck or that it's not cool to like Metallica anymore are stupid and just sellouts.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by BrendanO

View Post

I thought S&M was patchy. About 1/4 of the songs sounded good, 1/4 sounded meh, and 1/2 was {censored}. And in pretty direct correlation to the age of the songs. The older ones were served a lot better than the Black and post-Black material.

Agreed totally. I just liked hearing some of the older {censored} that they actually played all of. So many times on live stuff they'd just do bits and pieces of old stuff in a medley or something, so I enjoyed that. I liked that version of "The Thing That Should Not Be" too.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by RSBro

View Post

Agreed totally. I just liked hearing some of the older {censored} that they actually played all of. So many times on live stuff they'd just do bits and pieces of old stuff in a medley or something, so I enjoyed that. I liked that version of "The Thing That Should Not Be" too.

I thought One, MoP and Bell Tolls were all pretty solid arrangement/versions. I felt Hero of the Day, while still not a strong song, was much better orchestrated than the original.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by guitarbilly74 View Post

i dont know what you are talking about right now!!

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by BrendanO

View Post

I thought One, MoP and Bell Tolls were all pretty solid arrangement/versions. I felt Hero of the Day, while still not a strong song, was much better orchestrated than the original.

Ha, that's usually the first song I go to when I listen to that record. I liked the original actually a lot but the S&M version definitely fills it up better.

• Members

Load and ReLoad are two of my favorites. Sue me. Something about how everything is layered and textured that I find to be pretty kick ass. Outlaw Torn is a great example. The worst songs on those albums are the ones that got airplay.

Garage Days was pretty good too. St. Anger sucks balls, Death Magnetic may have been decent if not for the {censored}ty production.

Why the hell am I participating in a Metallica thread confused.gif

• Members

Love the old stuff up t Black, I actually never listened to St. Anger but need to so I can make my own judgement. I liked a few songs here and there on Load/Reload and I dig almost all of Death Magnetic. I don't mind dodgy production if the music is decent. {censored}, there are a ton of great albums with bad production.

• Members

I became a fan when RTL came out. The black album didn't affect my opinion of them, though I liked AJFA better. I really liked Load, while I though Reload was just ok. I still regularly listen to RTL, MOP and AJFA. I seriously doubt I will ever listen to anything past Load again.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by JerEvil

View Post

Love the old stuff up t Black, I actually never listened to St. Anger but need to so I can make my own judgement. I liked a few songs here and there on Load/Reload and I dig almost all of Death Magnetic. I don't mind dodgy production if the music is decent. {censored}, there are a ton of great albums with bad production.

I've listened to it.

The problem with St Anger is not only is the production bad, but so are the songs and the performance. There are no redeeming qualities on that disc. It is on the top of my Worst Albums by an Established Band list.

I never liked the production on Justice, but the songs were good.

Archived