WOOHOO!!! New Cab Day!!!

JerEvil

• Members

Well cab number 1 of 2 showed up today and let me tell you ... IT LOOKS TITS!!!

Can't believe I have to wait 2 more hours to bring it home and fire it up.

This guy came loaded with 2 Celestion Creambacks (65 watt Greenie)

Anyway ... here's teh pronz!!!

Splawn_212_Box.jpg

Splawn_212_BoxOpen.jpg

Splawn_212_BoxOpen2.jpg

Splawn_212_Casters.jpg

Splawn_212_Angle.jpg

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by Chrisjd View Post
That's really nice. Congrats. I love Splawn cabs.
Thanks man. Can't wait to get the other. Hopefully it will be here next week.

Quote Originally Posted by peavey_impact View Post
Sho is purdy thumb.gif
Thanks brutha!

I've never played a Splawn anything, but would love to. Congrats bud!
Me neither. I have heard GREAT feedback from Splawn owners, many of them also have a solid ear for tone, about Splawn's build quality, customer service, etc. so I was very confident in ordering from them.

Quote Originally Posted by soundgardener75 View Post
thumb.gif
thumb.gifthumb.gif

Quote Originally Posted by marshallnoise View Post
Checkerboard ftw.
Yeah right??? I ALMOST went with salt/pepp but I am glad I decided on the check.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by guitarbilly74

View Post

Yeah that looks killer, man. Congrats!!!! Is cab #2 a 4x12 or 2x12?

It's a matching 2x12. I almost went with a 4x12 but for right now, this MORE than meets my needs. I will order a 4x12 at some point, sooner than later but for smaller gigs, the 2 2x12's stacked are sufficient, for larger stages I want to keep one of these on either side of the stage (we are a 3 piece).

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by JerEvil

View Post

Thanks many! Going to have to break out the Zoom Q3 and make some clips.

you should. I think I may order an empty orange Splawn 412 or an empty aftershock 412 around february. my OCD is making me want to burn that ugly ass mode four cab of mine

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by ~Abstract~ View Post
wat? I do.

They make awesome cabs.

icon_lol.gif
Well I'll say this, the build of the cab seems super nice. VERY clean. Tolex feels rugged, casters are heavy duty. I LOVE the skid panels and how they are recessed flush with the top of the cab.

15 more minutes and I can GTFOOH!!!

Quote Originally Posted by magh8 View Post
you should. I think I may order an empty orange Splawn 412 or an empty aftershock 412 around february. my OCD is making me want to burn that ugly ass mode four cab of mine
LOL! Do it man!!! I am already stressing about loading this into my truck. I KNOW it's gonna get dinged on the way home and Imma be pissed ti the highest of pisstivity!

• Members

Sweet. Congrats.

What head are you running through it and how much was it?

I will be using both cabs with a Mesa F-50 for now but I have a Titan custom coming before the end of the year and am ordering a Splawn Quick Rod after the holidays.

The cab was $625 with the Creambacks. They are $550 with Small Blocks. Definitely worth it. Literally the most solid feeling cab I have owned. Feels more substantial than my Deliverance AND Recto 2x12's.

And ... On a sad note

I still have not been able to plug it in!!!! Got outta work late, had to go to the gym with Mrs. Evil, made dinner for the family and now the kids are in bed!!!!

• Members

:thu:

I will be using both cabs with a Mesa F-50 for now but I have a Titan custom coming before the end of the year and am ordering a Splawn Quick Rod after the holidays.

The cab was $625 with the Creambacks. They are $550 with Small Blocks. Definitely worth it. Literally the most solid feeling cab I have owned. Feels more substantial than my Deliverance AND Recto 2x12's.

And ... On a sad note

I still have not been able to plug it in!!!! Got outta work late, had to go to the gym with Mrs. Evil, made dinner for the family and now the kids are in bed!!!!

Wake up early....

Get a beer....

Drink it....

Get another....

Go crank your {censored}....

Scare the kids outta bed.

:thu:

Archived