Practice amp

NinjaRaf

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I have an old Line 6 SpiderIII 30 watt 1x12 combo that at this point I am convinced is completely bullet proof... has been dropped out of trucks, been a stool or step for 300+ lb men, and probably had the equivalent of a 12 pack of beer dumped in/on it over the years... for low volume distortion and just practicing you can't really go wrong with the Line 6 or Peavey Vyper stuff... and they can be found used on Craigslist for pretty damn cheap ALL day long...

• Members

Why? I have both and loves them so!!!

I really haven't found anything I want tonally in the G3. The FX are good and all but I'm a fairly meat and potatoes tone guy so I think I'd get more use from the THR.

Hows the THR for high gain stuff? The G3 was pretty gash for that.

• Members
The really sad thing with the AMT solution is you need a GOOD power supply to run the tubecake. Any weirdness at all in the power and it goes bat{censored}. So unless you have a good power supply already, there's another added expense. I spent a lot of dough on that setup and then stalled on getting a smaller cab to lug with them. Sounds big as balls through a 4x12 though.
:lol:

I still have a hard on for one of those. I still cant make myself not use my AMT Tube Magnum. Into the front of a clean / semi clean Marhsall, and even my SS Randall, it sounds like it's got a foot ling dick thats big around as a coke can.

I should give Crunchtime a handie for swapping it to me. Of of the best dirt pedals Ive ever had. AMT's got their sh*t together :thu:

• Members
I still have a hard on for one of those. I still cant make myself not use my AMT Tube Magnum. Into the front of a clean / semi clean Marhsall, and even my SS Randall, it sounds like it's got a foot ling dick thats big around as a coke can.

I should give Crunchtime a handie for swapping it to me. Of of the best dirt pedals Ive ever had. AMT's got their sh*t together
:thu:

The best tone I've ever been capable of is AMT tone. P1 + R1, either of them is good. Both together is untouchable. AMT is just that damn good. I kinda want another tubecake and two 1x12s for stereo pimp slapping the low-wattage tonez, but I hate spending money on cabs I'd only use every once in a while. Most of the time I'm plugged to the interface and listening on my monitors if I don't have the 8100 crankin' for br00tz.

• Members
The best tone I've ever been capable of is AMT tone. P1 + R1, either of them is good. Both together is untouchable. AMT is just that damn good. I kinda want another tubecake and two 1x12s for stereo pimp slapping the low-wattage tonez, but I hate spending money on cabs I'd only use every once in a while. Most of the time I'm plugged to the interface and listening on my monitors if I don't have the 8100 crankin' for br00tz.

Yeah. I wish I had the FX loop hooked up in my Randall. I'm dyin to try the AMT pre amps.

I took the master volume mod out of my Metroamp 68 Superbass Plexi clone (kt88's) & have been running it into a Marshall MF280B that Ive converted into a 2x12. I set the volumes on the plexi @ 1 & its loud as hell. I attenuate the volume with the AMT Tube Magnum, crank the bass & turn the treble to 12:00 (or less) & set the dirt to taste. Sounds killer.

Bedroom volumes with a NMV 100 watter :lol: It isnt exactly "Marshall @ full tilt" sound, but gets me what I want. Nice & thick & still PLENTY of punch / oomph & a nice top & PLENTY of growl in the middle.

• Members

get an amp that is low W practice and can be used in real live life. I have a 16W Carvin combo that does great at low volume, but I've never had an issue keeping up with it in band settings. I payed about $300 for it. Best bang for the buck I've ever found. Great amp!

• Members

I really haven't found anything I want tonally in the G3. The FX are good and all but I'm a fairly meat and potatoes tone guy so I think I'd get more use from the THR.

Hows the THR for high gain stuff? The G3 was pretty gash for that.

Did you try boosting the two rock model? It sounds really good boosted with the sd-1 sim into the mesa cab, tube power amp knob up and all. A graphic eq helps in the end also.

Given his 5150 prefference I think Raf will end up with the vypyr anyway.

Archived