What Sport(s) do you play?

Marshredder

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm a has-been. I used to play basketball at a reasonably high level (played pickup a lot against pros and major college guys) and didn't embarrass myself, but I quit that in my mid 30s a couple of decades ago. Played football and soccer in high school, and I guess I was decent. At this point I ride my road bike and practice yoga.

• Members

Disc Golf. I smoke, daydream about my band and gear, and play without keeping score. On short ace-able holes I'll shoot the hole over and over if no one's catching up. Only if I play with a few folks will I treat the round serious.

Is that a sport?

It's as much of a sport as regular golf. I play too. So fun.

• Members

I played football from 6th grade through high school, and was also a bench warmer for the soccer team so they had enough for a squad. Now I play indoor soccer as an adult in a recreational over 30 league, but matches get competitive. I screwed up my Achilles Tendon last July (may need surgery), and we had guys on the team with cracked ribs, a fracture or two, and a couple of concussions. Good times! :thu: I love getting out there on the field with bullies though. I played lineman in High School, so I know how to stop someone. We had one guy just bowling over our guys until we went up. He's a much better soccer player than I am, but I'm a much better wall than he was. :D

• Members

lol sports

I know, can't be a musician and play a sport! Lol..

Actually I'm a competitive {censored}er and sports are great for that.. I played hockey since I was little thru High school, I still play in some leagues fir a few months a year.. Even in high school I had a real hard shot. So I still get a kick out of coming down the wing and blowing a slapper by the goalie, or off him, or miss the net by 5 feet, but either way it's always fun to see their unsuspecting faces when the long hair freak (when compared to the usual 20 sumthin year old former junior hockey players) has some actual skills... By the end of the game a bunch generally have a dislike for me. Simply because I don't have short hair, it seems.. So I still do get a kick or of getting under opponents skin..

• Members

Years back was in baseball. We had a Catfish Hunter league of fast pitch for am's. I played catcher and got bashed in the head a few too many times with batters over swinging or one hand swinging. {censored}ers!!

Currently a bit of basketball, Toss the football around with neighbors and their kids. We're also part of a Play 60 network. We gather up kids that can't commit to seasonal recreation team sports. If its {censored}ty out we take them bowling or in door putt putt.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Cougar Hunter

View Post

I throw discus (recreationally now). In high school, I missed state qualifying by 2 inches. I could have thrown at a smaller college, but I opted for drinking and playing guitar at a big school.

Don't we all wish we had a couple more inches? icon_lol.gif

Archived