Anyone play flight simulator or x-plane?

Gary Cohn

• Members

Yes!

Man, I can play fsx all day. So much fun. I try to get on a couple times a week to smash out some flights. Just went from KWVI to KSAN in 1.4 hours flying a Cessna 551.

Heavy rain, 1/4 vis with 800 foot ceilings. Slamdunk the approach at San Diego like a baus.

Anyone else get addicted?

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by DeadNight Warrior View Post
No.

I was about to ask how the {censored} you can spend so much time flying a virtual {censored}ing plane from one place to another, and then I realised I do the same {censored} with racing sims. redface.gif
Lol, I got friends that sit on PS3 for 8 hours at a time facepalm.gif

I could fly from CA to {censored}in Europe in that time- that's sad (I have done that before, but I got to cruising altitude, set the Autopilot and walked off for 7-8 hours before coming back).

I like to play the game just to stay sharp on the instrument flying stuff.

• Members

Yep, I used to be well into flight sims. US Navy Fighters was my first one, then the Janes ones - Longbow, F-15, F/A-18, USAF...

I still play FSX every now and again. Not so much this last year but I had a spell last winter of using it quite a lot.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Slaymoar

View Post

I enjoy a VFR approach with a large airliner.. I did the Paris/London flight a few time. Takes a while to complete, funny part is I actually looked at the scenery facepalm.gificon_lol.gif

I do that too! *oh, isn't that a pretty sunrise over the hills... ahh, the wonders of nature. hang on..."

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by Gary Cohn View Post
Yes!

Man, I can play fsx all day. So much fun. I try to get on a couple times a week to smash out some flights. Just went from KWVI to KSAN in 1.4 hours flying a Cessna 551.

Heavy rain, 1/4 vis with 800 foot ceilings. Slamdunk the approach at San Diego like a baus.

Anyone else get addicted?
i want to, badly.

Archived