Why does it seem like white middle class nerds are always the mass shooters?

Tommy Horrible

• Members

He is right, it is statistically significant that white males commit the most acts of violence (and get caught) in this country. NIBRS + UCR collective data.

They are not sure of why, but the government established a task force a few years ago that is heavy on the psychological evaluation of serial/spree killers to figure out how they tick. Maybe one day we will know?

This is true. There does seem to be a correlation between serial killers/spree killers and race but, like they taught us in 7th grade science, correlation does not prove causation. My opinion is there is this assumption that if you're a vanilla, white, middle class, run of the mill, American male, you're supposed to be stable and well adjusted leaving the crazies overlooked. Just my opinion.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

This is true. There does seem to be a correlation between serial killers/spree killers and race but, like they taught us in 7th grade science, correlation does not prove causation. My opinion is there is this assumption that if you're a vanilla, white, middle class, run of the mill, American male, you're supposed to be stable and well adjusted leaving the crazies overlooked. Just my opinion.

white cow in a snowstorm phenomenon.. :D

• Members

Well, being a serial killer requires.... astounding intellect. Most serial killers are somewhat masterminds, though they may be deranged and you may feel they are not intelligent based on interviews and quotes, manipulating others to get your way and evading law enforcement are not EASY.

spree killers on the other hand are just mentally incapable of functioning within our reality. They have a social and moralistic dissonance going on and can break fairly easily. We will never know how these people work. If you think about it, it isn't hard, it doesn't require a lot of intelligence, however, mental instability is rated highest significantly in middle class white Americans. Think about it yourself, it might not make you comfortable, but if you were to plan a murder-suicide, where would you go and how would you do it? Least security, a lot of people confined in small areas, etc.

Fact is, there is no way of preventing this type of thing from happening. Security can help, but you will never find security guards in elementary school, churches, etc. Especially not ARMED guards that can actually make a difference. A security guard will be taken out just as easily as a child when it comes to fire power.

Ban guns? won't matter. I can make something that will destroy entire office buildings out of a few products from Home Depot. Buying the materials months apart will not rouse suspicions. Getting it into a facility might be hard, but once the psychopath is ready to go, it doesn't matter if it makes it to the destination, it will do terrible damage.

There are plenty of organizations fighting this, but honestly, THERE IS HARDLY ANYTHING YOU CAN DO ABOUT IT. It is terrible.

• Members

Well, being a serial killer requires.... astounding intellect. Most serial killers are somewhat masterminds, though they may be deranged and you may feel they are not intelligent based on interviews and quotes, manipulating others to get your way and evading law enforcement are not EASY.

spree killers on the other hand are just mentally incapable of functioning within our reality. They have a social and moralistic dissonance going on and can break fairly easily. We will never know how these people work. If you think about it, it isn't hard, it doesn't require a lot of intelligence, however, mental instability is rated highest significantly in middle class white Americans. Think about it yourself, it might not make you comfortable, but if you were to plan a murder-suicide, where would you go and how would you do it? Least security, a lot of people confined in small areas, etc.

Fact is, there is no way of preventing this type of thing from happening. Security can help, but you will never find security guards in elementary school, churches, etc. Especially not ARMED guards that can actually make a difference. A security guard will be taken out just as easily as a child when it comes to fire power.

Ban guns? won't matter. I can make something that will destroy entire office buildings out of a few products from Home Depot. Buying the materials months apart will not rouse suspicions. Getting it into a facility might be hard, but once the psychopath is ready to go, it doesn't matter if it makes it to the destination, it will do terrible damage.

There are plenty of organizations fighting this, but honestly, THERE IS HARDLY ANYTHING YOU CAN DO ABOUT IT. It is terrible.

I agree 100% and the focus on gun control is completely reactionary. We, as a society, need to focus on the root of the problem and not just the results but that is too difficult to nail down quickly. If there is any progress made, it will take considerable time.

• Members

After seeing people posting bull{censored} all over facebook and forums since yesterday it's weird to see others that somehow still manage to think straight. Bravo!

• Members

Losers with prior social and mental issues tend to gravitate toward violent and angry music; ie, metal.

Losers build an elaborate revenge complex focused toward children and schools, possibly stemming from harassment for being a loser.

Therefore, metal is the reason white people are shooting schools.

• Members

I agree 100% and the focus on gun control is completely reactionary. We, as a society, need to focus on the root of the problem and not just the results but that is too difficult to nail down quickly. If there is any progress made, it will take considerable time.

Gun control is easier and cheaper to handle than social reform. People that need mental help often don't seek it, nor are there enough programs to allow them to do so should someone recognize they need help.

• Members

I wonder what it is about my generation that seems to produce these kind of events. I mean, I know stuff like this has always happened, but there seems to be a bunch of them happening in recent memory. There has to be a way to identify people who are more apt to commit wanton acts of violence.

• Members

Culture of violence, militarism, INEQUALITY, lack of access to mental health care, "they're out to get us" mentality, inherent sociopathic competitiveness of modern society, and yes, availability of firearms all contribute. Banning guns won't do much, nor will increasing the ownership of them. We have to change the way we live. If people were as obsessed with loving one another as they were with contraptions that have no purpose whatsoever but to kill, it might be a good start.

I'd like to see all weapons rendered ridiculous collectively by humanity.

I understand the obsession. It's easy to feel like you're under attack, because you are, but the focus on who is doing the attacking is sadly misguided. Until we recognize what is really causing this twisted atomized society, all of the guns in the world will not help us.

I tend to focus on jabs at the gun nuts, because they're just that, nuts. But the other end of the spectrum ignores the same truisms, and is purely reactionary.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Zeppelin Rules

View Post

Because that group represents the highest proportion of tr population.

If you really want to see if they're committing more than their share of spree killings, you have to examine it as a function of overall demographics

NIBRS and UCR

Murder rates per demographic and per capita.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Zeppelin Rules

View Post

Because that group represents the highest proportion of tr population.

If you really want to see if they're committing more than their share of spree killings, you have to examine it as a function of overall demographics

This is the answer. Race has nothing to do with craziness like this event. Proportionally, whites make up 70% of the US. So I would expect roughly 7 out of 10 crazies to be white. Unless there is some genetic evidence showing one group of people more mentally prone to madness, there is simply no correlation.

• Members

{censored} food , violence in music/movies/video games etc, easy access to guns, low iq reality trash tv,isolation through cell phones/video games or peer group ......a society where drug dealers and criminals are more highly regarded than doctors, teachers etc

no matter how you look at it ...ask yourself why so many people are on head drugs or diagnosed with ADD, depression, cancer or are obese ...and its only rising

then look at other societies where you can have major catastrophies and no looting happens (japan)

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by cavemanic

View Post

{censored} food , violence in music/movies/video games etc, easy access to guns, low iq reality trash tv,isolation through cell phones/video games or peer group ......a society where drug dealers and criminals are more highly regarded than doctors, teachers etc

no matter how you look at it ...ask yourself why so many people are on head drugs or diagnosed with ADD, depression, cancer or are obese ...and its only rising

then look at other societies where you can have major catastrophies and no looting happens (japan)

I was waiting for you to list djent music as a possible cause too. I am dissapoint, son

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by zehn

View Post

I was waiting for you to list djent music as a possible cause too. I am dissapoint, son

thats for dudes that can't get laid ...but its ok it looks like they are more into dudes in the bands they listen to anyway

I mean meshuggah probably isn't that far off what neanderthals sounded like beating on things and screaming.....seriously....

Archived