OT: Gun control...

KCTigerChief

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by uppercasenoises

View Post

Violence.

Gun control will never be solved either because the laws will never be passed, or because gun owners will ignore the laws.

The problem with prohibition laws in regards to alcohol, pot, and (if passed) guns is that the should have some semblance of being at least effective, but they never are. People just don't care.

No they won't. Again, 3D printing. It's going to completely change gun control.

confused.gif I never made a correlation.

3D printing will have a minimal effect. You seem to think that nothing will be done to stop it. You've got another thing coming. Guaranteed, there will be a database that these printers will have to log into before they can print anything, and will not be allowed to print copywrited materials, including guns. ESPECIALLY guns. It will check against a database of all known gun parts and not allow those parts to be printed. Again, they will not allow anyone to just print anything they want. The world economy would fall apart if they did.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

View Post

Violence.

Gun control will never be solved either because the laws will never be passed, or because gun owners will ignore the laws.

The problem with prohibition laws in regards to alcohol, pot, and (if passed) guns is that the should have some semblance of being at least effective, but they never are. People just don't care.

No they won't. Again, 3D printing. It's going to completely change gun control.

confused.gif I never made a correlation.

3D printing will have a minimal effect. You seem to think that nothing will be done to stop it. You've got another thing coming. Guaranteed, there will be a database that these printers will have to log into before they can print anything, and will not be allowed to print copywrited materials, including guns. ESPECIALLY guns. It will check against a database of all known gun parts and not allow those parts to be printed. Again, they will not allow anyone to just print anything they want. The world economy would fall apart if they did.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by madrigal77

View Post

You are wrong on so many levels. NWO can't stop the individual.

• Members

View Post

You are wrong on so many levels. NWO can't stop the individual.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by marshallnoise

View Post

And it will be hacked out in about 2 days. Guaranteed!!!

We'll see about that. Newer PS3's for instance have been deemed unhackable. The 3DS has been out for over a year and it's not hacked. You can bet the DRm in these things will far exceed anything we've seen before as well.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by marshallnoise

View Post

And it will be hacked out in about 2 days. Guaranteed!!!

We'll see about that. Newer PS3's for instance have been deemed unhackable. The 3DS has been out for over a year and it's not hacked. You can bet the DRm in these things will far exceed anything we've seen before as well.

• Members

View Post

First, they will eventually be hacked (PS3 etc.) . Second, DRM only applies to {censored} licensed by another entity. If I create something myself and send it out there is no DRM. This is something used to prevent people from accessing copyrighted {censored}. Fine, no copyrighted gun schems, just ones made by everyone else. icon_lol.gif

• Members

View Post

First, they will eventually be hacked (PS3 etc.) . Second, DRM only applies to {censored} licensed by another entity. If I create something myself and send it out there is no DRM. This is something used to prevent people from accessing copyrighted {censored}. Fine, no copyrighted gun schems, just ones made by everyone else. icon_lol.gif

• Members

View Post

this is dumb as {censored}. if something is deemed unhackable, then you will get a {censored}ing army of hackers working on hacking it, and it will be hacked.

when they said the newer ps3 was unhackable, it was hacked within 2 weeks.

• Members

View Post

this is dumb as {censored}. if something is deemed unhackable, then you will get a {censored}ing army of hackers working on hacking it, and it will be hacked.

• Members

View Post

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by madryan

View Post

Who cares about 3D printing. I know of at least a dozen Machine Shops in my immediate area which could turn out a couple hundred working firearms a month. AR's, 1911's, whatever. I used to work at one of them.

who cares about 3d printing? everyone should care, there's already 3d printed guns out there. just search youtube. 3d printed guns are made of a certain kind of plastic. there are no metal pieces involved.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by madryan

View Post

Who cares about 3D printing. I know of at least a dozen Machine Shops in my immediate area which could turn out a couple hundred working firearms a month. AR's, 1911's, whatever. I used to work at one of them.

who cares about 3d printing? everyone should care, there's already 3d printed guns out there. just search youtube. 3d printed guns are made of a certain kind of plastic. there are no metal pieces involved.

• Members

View Post

That's interesting, because it's completely ineffective for torrents.

I imagine much of the "illegal" blueprints would be torrented anyways.

And short of shutting down the entire internet, there's really nothing that can be done about illegal downloading, whether it's dealing with music or gun printing instructions.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Y0UNGBL00D

View Post

3d printing so far only is being used for the lowers, correct? im not aware of any barrels/fire control having been printed yet. i know we CAN print metal, but i dont think it would stand up to firearms use. may be wrong though.

The technology will be there in about 10 years or so.

• Members

View Post

That's interesting, because it's completely ineffective for torrents.

I imagine much of the "illegal" blueprints would be torrented anyways.

And short of shutting down the entire internet, there's really nothing that can be done about illegal downloading, whether it's dealing with music or gun printing instructions.

Computers don't have a chip in them that connects to a database before letting you download anything. As far as torrents, ISP's can track them. They do it to a limited extent now for movies, ect... I'd expect that would be ramped up 1000% for gun blueprints. Download a blueprint for a 3D printed gun? Expect a knock on your door by the police.

• Members

View Post

Computers don't have a chip in them that connects to a database before letting you download anything. As far as torrents, ISP's can track them. They do it to a limited extent now for movies, ect... I'd expect that would be ramped up 1000% for gun blueprints. Download a blueprint for a 3D printed gun? Expect a knock on your door by the police.

methods for downloading are changing constantly. now we're using magnet links instead of downloading a .torrent, it will be impossible to track because we are going to keep one step ahead.

• Members

View Post

In the end it won't matter anyways, because there will be millions of gun owners who will ignore the law on purpose, assuming it gets to the point where guns are banned/severely restricted.

The DEA is getting their asses handed to them on a daily basis because millions of people are ignoring Federal law and consuming/possessing marijuana. Gun owners will do the same too.

That being said, the government has proven time and time again that they are completely incapable of stopping people from downloading what they want, regardless of how strict the laws are.

Archived