OT: Gun control...

KCTigerChief

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Quote Originally Posted by uppercasenoises

View Post

LOL, even some Australians are starting to ignore their gun laws.

http://www.news.com.au/national/shoo...-1226546761120

Quoted from link above...

"It feeds upon itself. The more people that carry weapons, the more other people also carry them ... they don't want to be the one without protection."

An Australian Institute of Criminology research report from June last year says most illegal firearms were either imported before legislative changes and reforms in the 1990s and early 2000s, or were stolen registered guns that were then circulated on the black market.

Ms Lee said reducing the number of legal firearms would naturally decrease the number of illegal ones.

Still very rare to see a gun on the streets around here. At least the licensing and regulation means that they can be somewhat monitored.

I know that if I were to go spaz tomorrow I could not just go to mums drawer and find a gun. Don't know what i would do if I wanted to be a mass killer on the spur of a moment, maybe run down some pedestrians with my car?

• Members

View Post

LOL, even some Australians are starting to ignore their gun laws.

http://www.news.com.au/national/shoo...-1226546761120

Quoted from link above...

"It feeds upon itself. The more people that carry weapons, the more other people also carry them ... they don't want to be the one without protection."

An Australian Institute of Criminology research report from June last year says most illegal firearms were either imported before legislative changes and reforms in the 1990s and early 2000s, or were stolen registered guns that were then circulated on the black market.

Ms Lee said reducing the number of legal firearms would naturally decrease the number of illegal ones.

Still very rare to see a gun on the streets around here. At least the licensing and regulation means that they can be somewhat monitored.

I know that if I were to go spaz tomorrow I could not just go to mums drawer and find a gun. Don't know what i would do if I wanted to be a mass killer on the spur of a moment, maybe run down some pedestrians with my car?

• Members

My final comment on this subject will be this. It has already been made clear that I feel we have become far too lenient on criminals, empowering them with rehabilitation, meals and housing, lesser sentences because mommy didnt give them enough hugs as a child etc... It would also be my stance, as controversial as this may seem, that the ideology behind this "ohhh poor baby, you just didnt have as good a childhood as that guy, therefore it is not your fault you robbed and killed those people, we will place you in prison for 5 years where you can reflect on your mistake, and return to society when you are rehabilitated"(or until we dont have enough room for you any longer and release you even though you havent been rehabilitated) I would place a large part of the blame for these mass killing tragedies on the shoulders of those people who hold and follow that ideology as well. It is your policies that ensure there is a steady supply of this part of society, ready and willing to partake in these types of atrocities. Personal responsibility has been removed from committing a crime, and been replaced with what book or movie someone may have watched.

• Members

My final comment on this subject will be this. It has already been made clear that I feel we have become far too lenient on criminals, empowering them with rehabilitation, meals and housing, lesser sentences because mommy didnt give them enough hugs as a child etc... It would also be my stance, as controversial as this may seem, that the ideology behind this "ohhh poor baby, you just didnt have as good a childhood as that guy, therefore it is not your fault you robbed and killed those people, we will place you in prison for 5 years where you can reflect on your mistake, and return to society when you are rehabilitated"(or until we dont have enough room for you any longer and release you even though you havent been rehabilitated) I would place a large part of the blame for these mass killing tragedies on the shoulders of those people who hold and follow that ideology as well. It is your policies that ensure there is a steady supply of this part of society, ready and willing to partake in these types of atrocities. Personal responsibility has been removed from committing a crime, and been replaced with what book or movie someone may have watched.

• Members

View Post

My way would be improving socioeconomic issues for poorer populations, improving the education and healthcare systems (including mental health), ending the multi-trillion dollar Drug War and transferring the money spent on improving society, etc etc...

Um, you are not the first to think of these.

Your conservative element do not seem to be too enthusiastic about

• Members

View Post

My way would be improving socioeconomic issues for poorer populations, improving the education and healthcare systems (including mental health), ending the multi-trillion dollar Drug War and transferring the money spent on improving society, etc etc...

Um, you are not the first to think of these.

Your conservative element do not seem to be too enthusiastic about

Archived