Anyone have any experience with line 6 4x12 cabs?

Chrisjd

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by koen77 View Post
i think guitarbilly used to assemble them when he worked at line 6, right ? They seem high quality when you look at the specs. I would buy one if the price was right.
This.
I think he mentioned the vetta cab specifically.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by koen77 View Post
i think guitarbilly used to assemble them when he worked at line 6, right ? They seem high quality when you look at the specs. I would buy one if the price was right.
This.
I think he mentioned the vetta cab specifically.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by NinjaRaf View Post
Comes with V30s...Id guess its probably a pretty solid cab, but man...500 seems like a lot, to me.
does it? If i were to have splawn ship me a v30 cab id be spending $1050. These sell for $700 new, so i thought $500 would be reasonable. I got a hookup on a brand new one.

Here is the cab: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Line+6+-...8529&cp=1&lp=1

• Members

A couple of weeks ago, I made a side-by-side comparison between a standard Recto 4x12" and a first version, custom Celestions equipped Vetta 4x12". I fed one channel of my KT88 equipped Fryette 2902 power amp into the Recto cab and the other channel into the Vetta cab. FYI, there were 98W of tube power per side!

While the Vetta cab was somehow flatter, the Recto had way more volume, and tons of ballsier low end. To have the cabs pushing equal amounts of volume, I remember having to set the volume controls of the power amp on 9 o'clock on the Recto and 11 o'clock on the Vetta. Of course, the Recto also had those mids some people hate, some people love.

For what I want, the Recto was definitely better, but I could see how a Recto hater would appreciate the Vetta cab.

Construction-wise too, the Vetta was pretty solid.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by danut View Post
A couple of weeks ago, I made a side-by-side comparison between a standard Recto 4x12" and a first version, custom Celestions equipped Vetta 4x12". I fed one channel of my KT88 equipped Fryette 2902 power amp into the Recto cab and the other channel into the Vetta cab. FYI, there were 98W of tube power per side!

While the Vetta cab was somehow flatter, the Recto had way more volume, and tons of ballsier low end. To have the cabs pushing equal amounts of volume, I remember having to set the volume controls of the power amp on 9 o'clock on the Recto and 11 o'clock on the Vetta. Of course, the Recto also had those mids some people hate, some people love.

For what I want, the Recto was definitely better, but I could see how a Recto hater would appreciate the Vetta cab.

Construction-wise too, the Vetta was pretty solid.

the one he listed though has v30s not the custom celestions. im guessing they put flatter speakers in the vetta cabs for modeling

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by Chrisjd View Post
does it? If i were to have splawn ship me a v30 cab id be spending $1050. These sell for $700 new, so i thought $500 would be reasonable. I got a hookup on a brand new one.

Here is the cab: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Line+6+-...8529&cp=1&lp=1
Quote Originally Posted by RaceU4her View Post
500 for a v30 cab is a lot? v30s are going for 145 new each.
I guess it's not bad for a new cab. But I'd expect to see used v30 cabs for CL for around 300z

Archived