So this is going on few miles form my house... (Crazy shooter content)

atrox

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Quote Originally Posted by Rear Naked

View Post

Yeah we're only living in the least violent time period in history. By all means, make a thread about how this is unprecedented and we are nearing the end of days.

I said no such thing.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by paul88lx View Post
What in the {censored}ing {censored}????

Why does it feel like we are collectively losing our grip......
People think it is the end of the world. A lot of people are in a bad place financially and otherwise stressed out and angry. The holidays compound this. Normally they'd just take their own lives, but the new trend is they've decided they're going to take others with them so they won't be forgotten. It's sad and deranged, and it sucks.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by Rear Naked View Post
Yeah we're only living in the least violent time period in history. By all means, make a thread about how this is unprecedented and we are nearing the end of days.
I think your missing the gist of what he is saying. Since statistics and numbers can't tell the full story of the human condition. No one can quantify what is in a persons' heart or mind. Or how personal events can affect a individual.

Merry Christmas!!

Quote Originally Posted by GodBlessTexas View Post
People think it is the end of the world. A lot of people are in a bad place financially and otherwise stressed out and angry. The holidays compound this. Normally they'd just take their own lives, but the new trend is they've decided they're going to take others with them so they won't be forgotten. It's sad and deranged, and it sucks.
It's also a matter of a 24 hour, instantaneous, let's not fact check our sources so we get the scoop first news cycle. The Newtown massacre being the latest example.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by BerkleeBill View Post
I'm calling this one now:

Obituary for the firefighters on same page in newspaper as ad for gun sale at Walmart rolleyes.gif
Aren't you the same dickhead who tried to pin the Dark Knight shootings on Rush Limbaugh or something like that? {censored} off, dimwit. You are the very definition of knee-jerk. rolleyes.gif

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by Hapless View Post
Aren't you the same dickhead who tried to pin the Dark Knight shootings on Rush Limbaugh or something like that? {censored} off, dimwit. You are the very definition of knee-jerk. rolleyes.gif
Yup, I'm that same dickhead. Oh, and in the next thread in which you don't like my response, I will STILL be that "same dickhead."

...at least I'm consistent! tongue.gif

• Members
mad.gif

Original.jpg

Webster Police have identified the shooter as 62-year-old William Spengler. Spengler was found dead near the scene from a self-inflicted gunshot wound. Spengler was arrested in 1980 for beating and killing his grandmother. He was convicted in 1981 and served time until 1998. He was on supervised parole until 2006.

Police say Spengler was shooting from a berm near the Lake Road home and this was set up as a trap. A Webster Police officer did exchange fire with a shooter. The officer was not injured.

Police say Spengler's sister is unaccounted for at this time. Spengler's mother recently passed away. Police don't know a motive yet.

• Members

FWIW, this happens more than you think. We've had a couple situations similar to this happen in Portland. Couple years ago, dude barricaded himself in his house, started it on fire and fired at fire/police when they arrived. No one hit. Everyone backed off and we let it burn, protecting exposures. Nozzle teams protecting exposure houses were all covered by police armed with AR's.

And this just happened a couple shifts ago around the block from our station. C-shift arrived and basically just held back until the cops got there. Unfortunately, there are a lot of sick people who can't just end their miserable existence on this planet without taking innocent people with them anymore:

http://www.katu.com/news/local/Man-w...183711341.html

RIP, bros. And shut the {censored} about gun control here....take it to the dip{censored} thread.

Archived