So this is going on few miles form my house... (Crazy shooter content)

atrox

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Quote Originally Posted by syscrusher

View Post

Must of been a bitch for them to get in there and take that bastard out.

There is a bridge that opens in November that connects the two sides of the inlet. So they can Come in from the Webster side (the side this all took place) and the Irondequoit side. SWAT came in from the Irondequoit side. I live in Irondequoit. Pronounced Iron-de-coit for those who care.

• Members

I saw the news on Yahoo and actually thought it was my area at first reading it

RIP to them/families - Sad news, WTF is going through peoples minds? Firefighter/1st responders as well?

I have read that people can become 'unhinged and depressed' at holiday time, that the emotional roller coaster is all over the place and that people can really burst and blow up over this time of the year, i think suicides also skyrocket around this time of the year as well.

frown.gif

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by PlayboyChris

View Post

Meh. Not with {censored} like this going on. There's gotta be something better on the other side.

What the hell is going on? Your barometer in the past always tracked steady punctuated by a roll with the punches sardonic, witty repartee. Why is the {censored} of the world, which has always been there, impacting your demeanor all of a sudden? Everything ok man?

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by isvoid

View Post

What the hell is going on? Your barometer in the past always tracked steady punctuated by a roll with the punches sardonic, witty repartee. Why is the {censored} of the world, which has always been there, impacting your demeanor all of a sudden? Everything ok man?

This.

• Members

No real new news. They released the victims names. As i said, one of the deceased was also a Lt at the Webster Police Dept as well as a voluntary fireman.

One was injured in the left chest which punctured his lungs and broke some shoulder bones. He was also shot in the right knee. he is expected to pull through and is talking.

The other injured was shot in the pelvis which shattered his pelvis and lodged the bullet in his spine. He expected to have a slow, but successful recovery

No word on any victims in teh house or the shooters ID or guns

• Members

I dunno. gdwill2u's situation really puts things in perspective. I don't think it's necessary to have a terminal illness to be at peace with the transition that awaits us all, and hope it comes with as little trauma and as many friends and family around as possible.

I guess it boils down to the way he'll be making his transition is a helluva lot better than being gunned down while you're at school, at the movies or doing your duty as a {censored}ing firefighter, for Christ's sake. In that respect, I'd trade places with him today if I knew I'd be going out the same way he is. I have no qualms about saying so.

• Members

I've derailed this thread enough. Gonna start a new one and maybe spark an interesting discussion.

To close my input in this one, though, we've absolutely reached a new low when teachers and firefighters are gunned down in the process of doing what they do, which is providing a selfless service to society. I don't know what the answers are.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by PlayboyChris

View Post

I've derailed this thread enough. Gonna start a new one and maybe spark an interesting discussion.

To close my input in this one, though, we've absolutely reached a new low when teachers and firefighters are gunned down in the process of doing what they do, which is providing a selfless service to society. I don't know what the answers are.

Do it. I've been reflecting on my own mortality a lot lately. Not in any suicidal kind of way. More because of, well...... Just do it.

Mojo to the families affected by this. It's such a terrible waste.

Archived