Should I trade my VHT Deliverance 60 for a Mesa Triple Rectifier?

Chrisjd

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by Ron Burgandy View Post
The only triples I see in that price range are the new reborn series. I had a bitch of a time selling my old triple and the market seems worse now idn_smilie.gif

Basically my advice is to only make the trade if you feel you will need the triple. Plan on netting $900 from the triple if you're patient.
I think I am gonna go with this as the best advice and most probable outcome, especially considering the local music market sucks here in Minneapolis.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
The only triples I see in that price range are the new reborn series. I had a bitch of a time selling my old triple and the market seems worse now idn_smilie.gif

Basically my advice is to only make the trade if you feel you will need the triple. Plan on netting $900 from the triple if you're patient.
I think I am gonna go with this as the best advice and most probable outcome, especially considering the local music market sucks here in Minneapolis.

• Members

What I see is that the D60 will be even harder to move. They are selling in the $700 range now..unfortunately. I just think that if this is just a means to an end, and neither amp is going to stay, then there is more value in the Triple.

Frankly, all amps seem to be hard to move these days, even the most popular ones, unless you are prepared to give them away.

• Members

What I see is that the D60 will be even harder to move. They are selling in the $700 range now..unfortunately. I just think that if this is just a means to an end, and neither amp is going to stay, then there is more value in the Triple.

Frankly, all amps seem to be hard to move these days, even the most popular ones, unless you are prepared to give them away.

• Members

so you already have a dual recto and a CL100. how different is the deliverance from the CL and how different is the triple from the dual?

i wouldnt do the trade thinking like you are going to sell it. i would do the trade thinking about what gives you the best range of tones from your amp collection.

• Members

so you already have a dual recto and a CL100. how different is the deliverance from the CL and how different is the triple from the dual?

i wouldnt do the trade thinking like you are going to sell it. i would do the trade thinking about what gives you the best range of tones from your amp collection.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Chrisjd

View Post

I really enjoy your band clips and see the deliverance being a much better fit. I do like Rectos but they don't have the precision of the d60.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Chrisjd

View Post

I really enjoy your band clips and see the deliverance being a much better fit. I do like Rectos but they don't have the precision of the d60.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by chad_sux View Post

{censored}, D60's sell for $700??? That's a whole lot of amp for that kinda coin.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by sleewell View Post

I don't still own ALL of those amps. The CL100 and D60 are actually fairly different.

Thanks man, and yeah I agree it's a better fit for my sound. Far more precision.

Quote Originally Posted by Phrophus View Post
There aren't many amps that I'd take over a D60, to be honest. If I had to do it again, I probably wouldn't even take my Sig over a D60.
Wow. I played a sig years ago, but can't really remember how the gain channels compared.

• Members

I prefer my Triple Recto to the Deliverance. I had a D120, and have a 2-channel Triple. I kept the Triple because that is pretty much the perfect amp, and the D120 annoyed me in various ways, one of them being the fact that it was crazy loud.

I would say it just depends on your personal preference though....

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Burgandy

View Post

{censored}, D60's sell for $700??? That's a whole lot of amp for that kinda coin.

Like I said, "unfortunately." It's a {censored}ing travesty...I couldn't sell my D120 for $900. Just the way things are right now. I really wish I had extra scratch because you can get a whole lot of amp for cheap these days if you're willing to be a little bit patient.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by chad_sux

View Post

Like I said, "unfortunately." It's a {censored}ing travesty...I couldn't sell my D120 for $900. Just the way things are right now. I really wish I had extra scratch because you can get a whole lot of amp for cheap these days if you're willing to be a little bit patient.

{censored}, I got my D120 on close out for $995 out teh door brand new.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by Chrisjd View Post
Yeah man, it's true, it really kinda is.
thumb.gif

If the VHT is not a keeper then trade it, the Mesa is more known to the masses
and would most likely be easier to move if that is what your intentions are, you kinda got to be a gear head to appreciate the lesser known amplifiers/ gear.

Archived