Stopped by the gun shop today

chaos2767

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by DirtyBird

View Post

I almost want to get rid of my "assault rifles" (what a BS term) just to get out of the crosshairs of the gubmint. I certainly wouldnt go BUY one right now. They might start conficating them in the near future... Id rather invest in a rifle that wont get confiscated.*

*I know this is unlikely, but it seems inevitable sometimes.

I personally don't see the government confiscating any guns. IMO that would just not work. Maybe some bans on selling new assault rifles, alot of automatic weapons and larger clips. I can also see them making the waiting period longer with more in depth background checks.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Quote Originally Posted by DirtyBird

View Post

I almost want to get rid of my "assault rifles" (what a BS term) just to get out of the crosshairs of the gubmint. I certainly wouldnt go BUY one right now. They might start conficating them in the near future... Id rather invest in a rifle that wont get confiscated.*

*I know this is unlikely, but it seems inevitable sometimes.

I personally don't see the government confiscating any guns. IMO that would just not work. Maybe some bans on selling new assault rifles, alot of automatic weapons and larger clips. I can also see them making the waiting period longer with more in depth background checks.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Cougar Hunter

View Post

I got the smith & Wesson mp 15/22. It's a sheep in wolfs clothing

Damn straight. Love mine. Could have been equally happy with the Sig 522, but I found the 15-22 first. Go through half a box of CCI Tactical AR ammo and it's a good day at the range.

• Members

View Post

Damn straight. Love mine. Could have been equally happy with the Sig 522, but I found the 15-22 first. Go through half a box of CCI Tactical AR ammo and it's a good day at the range.

• Members

View Post

• Members

View Post

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by chaos2767

View Post

Anyone have any experience with the H&R Pardner? Was thinking of picking up one of those next week!

Can't say I've ever used one or known anyone that used one but I'd say for the price you might as well spend a little bit more and get a Mossberg 500 or 590 and know you're getting a good {censored}gun. wave.gif

This review looks good though. http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/201...ctor-12-gauge/

• Members

View Post

Anyone have any experience with the H&R Pardner? Was thinking of picking up one of those next week!

Can't say I've ever used one or known anyone that used one but I'd say for the price you might as well spend a little bit more and get a Mossberg 500 or 590 and know you're getting a good {censored}gun. wave.gif

This review looks good though. http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/201...ctor-12-gauge/

• Members

If you want an AR and are willing to settle for a generic one, just be at Academy sports in the morning when they get their shipments in. Check with the store to see when this is. You pay retail too. None of this insane marked up BS like what buds and gunbroker prices are at.

My dad and brothers have been at academy for the last week on the days that they get their deliveries and have had no problems getting choice rifles. He got a couple of bushmasters, a couple of Windhams, a Colt and a Sig400 with magpul goodies on it. He also has a Daniel Defense M4 on the way.

I ordered one from DEZ tactical arms a week ago and am supposed to pick it up from my FFL tomorrow and I didn't overpay either. $1399 for a custom built 16" carbine using all top of the line, milspec, etc. parts.

Now... finding ammo, that's another story. Good luck with that. My coworker and his wife reload their own ammo and if supply remains scarce, I'm just going to be taking my brass to them and paying him to reload for me.

• Members

If you want an AR and are willing to settle for a generic one, just be at Academy sports in the morning when they get their shipments in. Check with the store to see when this is. You pay retail too. None of this insane marked up BS like what buds and gunbroker prices are at.

My dad and brothers have been at academy for the last week on the days that they get their deliveries and have had no problems getting choice rifles. He got a couple of bushmasters, a couple of Windhams, a Colt and a Sig400 with magpul goodies on it. He also has a Daniel Defense M4 on the way.

I ordered one from DEZ tactical arms a week ago and am supposed to pick it up from my FFL tomorrow and I didn't overpay either. $1399 for a custom built 16" carbine using all top of the line, milspec, etc. parts.

Now... finding ammo, that's another story. Good luck with that. My coworker and his wife reload their own ammo and if supply remains scarce, I'm just going to be taking my brass to them and paying him to reload for me.

• Members

View Post

The H&R Pardner is basically a knock off of the Remington 870, so much so that you can put all the 870 parts in it if you wanted and it would be 100% fine! Its just a hell of alot cheaper than the 870!

Ah I wasn't aware. All I knew was that they were made in China. icon_lol.gif

• Members

View Post

The H&R Pardner is basically a knock off of the Remington 870, so much so that you can put all the 870 parts in it if you wanted and it would be 100% fine! Its just a hell of alot cheaper than the 870!

Ah I wasn't aware. All I knew was that they were made in China. icon_lol.gif

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Bleek

View Post

This thread reminds me of those camouflage guys sitting around in the grungy gun shop at the edge of town fantasizing about the coming zombie apocalypse.

Your post reminds me of the time I told you to GTFO.

GTFO

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Bleek

View Post

This thread reminds me of those camouflage guys sitting around in the grungy gun shop at the edge of town fantasizing about the coming zombie apocalypse.

Your post reminds me of the time I told you to GTFO.

GTFO

Archived