HCAF Cyclists 2013 Thread

yourguitarhero

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Great to see so many motivated riders. Because of my work schedule I often can only get out on the weekends and riding is the one thing I look forward to all week.

I ride off-road almost exclusively and with the SoCal weather am able to ride year round, so I am very lucky. Will be on the trails tomorrow morning for a hard ride before football starts.

• Members

Great to see so many motivated riders. Because of my work schedule I often can only get out on the weekends and riding is the one thing I look forward to all week.

I ride off-road almost exclusively and with the SoCal weather am able to ride year round, so I am very lucky. Will be on the trails tomorrow morning for a hard ride before football starts.

• Members

so far, only one ride in 2012-- an uncharacteristically flat 3 hour jobby on road bikes. damp and cold-- but a decent spin nonetheless, and not so bad considering it was 36 degrees tongue.gif Hopefully headed out again Sunday coming up for a gravel road ride. The holidays were fantastic for riding, and got in about 15 hours on the bike, which managed to get me a hellacious cold, but so worth it!

• Members

so far, only one ride in 2012-- an uncharacteristically flat 3 hour jobby on road bikes. damp and cold-- but a decent spin nonetheless, and not so bad considering it was 36 degrees tongue.gif Hopefully headed out again Sunday coming up for a gravel road ride. The holidays were fantastic for riding, and got in about 15 hours on the bike, which managed to get me a hellacious cold, but so worth it!

• Members

Going to watch the first half of the first playoff game today on the trainer - figure that's a solid 75-80 minutes at least, and I'm going to try and keep the cadence over 80 the whole time.

I'm starting to think about my next bike (even though I promised myself that I'd wait until after I graduate from grad school). This one gets some serious bloodflow going to my nether regions:

pin0090-zoom2.jpg

One of our local bike shops just started carrying Pinarello, so I may test ride one this spring. Debating getting one built up with Ultegra and going with it.

• Members

Going to watch the first half of the first playoff game today on the trainer - figure that's a solid 75-80 minutes at least, and I'm going to try and keep the cadence over 80 the whole time.

I'm starting to think about my next bike (even though I promised myself that I'd wait until after I graduate from grad school). This one gets some serious bloodflow going to my nether regions:

pin0090-zoom2.jpg

One of our local bike shops just started carrying Pinarello, so I may test ride one this spring. Debating getting one built up with Ultegra and going with it.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by paul88lx

View Post

That is sexy. What's the price?

I figure I'll be happy on a 105 group. I'm sticking with Shimano since STI shifters are bast.

It lists for like $3K with Ultegra - Competitive Cyclist has it on sale for $2,500 right now, but I figure it'd be a little more to buy it locally, which I'm perfectly happy to pay to have local support.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by paul88lx

View Post

That is sexy. What's the price?

I figure I'll be happy on a 105 group. I'm sticking with Shimano since STI shifters are bast.

It lists for like $3K with Ultegra - Competitive Cyclist has it on sale for $2,500 right now, but I figure it'd be a little more to buy it locally, which I'm perfectly happy to pay to have local support.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Weathered

View Post

I agree. The sales tax and difference in price is offset by the service you end up with over the long haul. Not to mention, warranty representation.

• Members

View Post

I agree. The sales tax and difference in price is offset by the service you end up with over the long haul. Not to mention, warranty representation.

• Members

View Post

pin0090-zoom2.jpg

why the schwank pinarello, man?

i dunno.. they're cool bikes, but they're kinda statement pieces, huh?

i'd take me a caad 10 with a hot{censored} wheelset, and blow the rest on guitars.. oh wait, i already did that. biggrin.gif

• Members

View Post

pin0090-zoom2.jpg

why the schwank pinarello, man?

i dunno.. they're cool bikes, but they're kinda statement pieces, huh?

i'd take me a caad 10 with a hot{censored} wheelset, and blow the rest on guitars.. oh wait, i already did that. biggrin.gif

Archived