HCAF Cyclists 2013 Thread

yourguitarhero

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Quote Originally Posted by lz4005

View Post

I don't track my mileage but I guess I did between 2000 and 3000 miles last year on my commuter bike going to work/grocery/etc and doing alleycats, bar hopping, etc on my single speed.

Even went to a handful of gigs and rehearsals that were PA-only or backline provided that way.

Supposed to be 22 degrees F tomorrow morning when I ride to work. What is this "when the weather breaks" people keep mentioning?

Do you have 12 inches of snow and solid ice on the streets? I'd love to see someone try to navigate those conditions on a road bike (actually I have, it didn't end well).

• Members

View Post

I don't track my mileage but I guess I did between 2000 and 3000 miles last year on my commuter bike going to work/grocery/etc and doing alleycats, bar hopping, etc on my single speed.

Even went to a handful of gigs and rehearsals that were PA-only or backline provided that way.

Supposed to be 22 degrees F tomorrow morning when I ride to work. What is this "when the weather breaks" people keep mentioning?

Do you have 12 inches of snow and solid ice on the streets? I'd love to see someone try to navigate those conditions on a road bike (actually I have, it didn't end well).

• Members

View Post

• Members

View Post

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by zehn

View Post

Defensive much? Get a bike that works for where you live.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by zehn

View Post

Defensive much? Get a bike that works for where you live.

• Members

There's a foot of snow here in Western NY, but the roads are clear - was out on a ten speed with 70s tyres - only problem was me getting cold, not the bike.

We don't get snow like that in my bit of Scotland, but the rain can be somewhat disheartening, especially with added wind and low temps

• Members

There's a foot of snow here in Western NY, but the roads are clear - was out on a ten speed with 70s tyres - only problem was me getting cold, not the bike.

We don't get snow like that in my bit of Scotland, but the rain can be somewhat disheartening, especially with added wind and low temps

• Members

Just got off of my trainer after a decent 45 minute ride. Sadly, in MN, I'm not gutsy enough to ride outside until the streets are snow and ice free, so I'll be resigned to the trainer in the basement until April or so. Still hoping that I can get at least 750 miles this summer, which will probably come after the half marathon that I'm training for in June...

• Members

Just got off of my trainer after a decent 45 minute ride. Sadly, in MN, I'm not gutsy enough to ride outside until the streets are snow and ice free, so I'll be resigned to the trainer in the basement until April or so. Still hoping that I can get at least 750 miles this summer, which will probably come after the half marathon that I'm training for in June...

• Members

Today my updated lifestyle begins. It's time to keep track of what I'm eating. It's time to stop drinking on weeknights. I've been a juggernaut lately. bad bad bad!

I need to get my trainer out again and attempt to regularly ride inside. (It's 2 degrees F outside)

My goal is 40 lbs. I'm anxious and excited to get serious again like I was back in 2009.

• Members

Today my updated lifestyle begins. It's time to keep track of what I'm eating. It's time to stop drinking on weeknights. I've been a juggernaut lately. bad bad bad!

I need to get my trainer out again and attempt to regularly ride inside. (It's 2 degrees F outside)

My goal is 40 lbs. I'm anxious and excited to get serious again like I was back in 2009.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Cougar Hunter

View Post

Do it dude. I'm so motivated to just kill it this year. For me, weight isn't the issue. Overall cardiovascular health is. I'll be 40 in two weeks and thanks to the weights, I'm physically stronger than ever. The road bike will take care of the rest. Along with a career change for the sake of my mental health.

Riding is winning.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Cougar Hunter

View Post

Do it dude. I'm so motivated to just kill it this year. For me, weight isn't the issue. Overall cardiovascular health is. I'll be 40 in two weeks and thanks to the weights, I'm physically stronger than ever. The road bike will take care of the rest. Along with a career change for the sake of my mental health.

Riding is winning.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by paul88lx

View Post

Riding is winning.

Yeah, that. I'll hit the 40 mark in October this year and I'm determined I'm gonna do it in better health than I was at any point in my thirties.

I picked up the new bike on August 4th, 2012 after a seven year biking hiatus. I managed just shy of 600 miles between the road and the rollers, looking at my records it's a fairly even split almost exactly 300 each. Granted, the road miles came over a longer period of time and the roller miles piled up really fast in comparison.

img_3364cc.jpg

I have some crazy plans for this year cycling wise. If I can just keep myself on the rollers through the {censored} weather, I should at least have a decent base to jump from when I can get back outside. This stupid head cold was destroying me on the rollers this morning but I still managed 45 minutes give or take. No excuses. Six days a week, every week, following a semi-legitimate training schedule this year. thumb.gif

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by paul88lx

View Post

Riding is winning.

Yeah, that. I'll hit the 40 mark in October this year and I'm determined I'm gonna do it in better health than I was at any point in my thirties.

I picked up the new bike on August 4th, 2012 after a seven year biking hiatus. I managed just shy of 600 miles between the road and the rollers, looking at my records it's a fairly even split almost exactly 300 each. Granted, the road miles came over a longer period of time and the roller miles piled up really fast in comparison.

img_3364cc.jpg

I have some crazy plans for this year cycling wise. If I can just keep myself on the rollers through the {censored} weather, I should at least have a decent base to jump from when I can get back outside. This stupid head cold was destroying me on the rollers this morning but I still managed 45 minutes give or take. No excuses. Six days a week, every week, following a semi-legitimate training schedule this year. thumb.gif

Archived